Author Topic: MTEXT Lettering - Bullets  (Read 1796 times)

DanB

• Bull Frog
MTEXT Lettering - Bullets
« on: May 08, 2014, 11:14:01 AM »
Is there a setting/variable that controls whether MTEXT turns on Lettering or the Auto-list feature?

I typed 2 lines in MTEXT, close the editor, come back to add to the MTEXT and the lettering bullets has been turned on (see attached image). I think I would prefer NEVER to see this ON unless I specify. I've redone this several times, tried turning off the Bullets-Numbering setting prior to typing, the auto-list has been turned off. The MTEXT is insisting that I want this to be some sort of lettering bullet.

Any ideas?

ROBBO

• Bull Frog
Re: MTEXT Lettering - Bullets
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 12:35:17 PM »
I do not believe there is a system variable for this. I think this has something to do with using colons and tab in your Mtext. When you return to next line AutoCAD thinks this a bullet point. If numbers are used instead of letters, then the Numbered bullets will be ticked (as attached below).

Perhaps having a space before the colons or using a hyphen will solve your issue.

i.e.  FRONT :    25'
       REAR   :    20'
or
       FRONT  -   25'
       REAR     -  20'

The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on.
It is never of any use to oneself.

Oscar Wilde
(1854-1900, Irish playwright, poet and writer)

DanB

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 12:47:27 PM »
Thanks, adding the space is a simple approach to possibly avoiding the problem.

If anyone has any insight to any system/setting or variables that may control this, I would still be interested in those as well.

RC

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 05:13:43 PM »
**BUMP**

As far as I can tell its the tab after the colon (or whatever) that makes it think you want a bullet/number 'list'. Adding a space before the tab seems to work.

I'm looking for the system variable that controls  "Use Tab Delimiter Only", anyone with a clue??