Author Topic: Structure Profile Labels  (Read 5556 times)

SHERI

Structure Profile Labels
« on: April 30, 2014, 02:57:56 PM »
I am having some trouble with reference structure labels.

Here is what I am wanting in the end:
I want to be able to label storm structures in a profile created using the roadway alignment. In the label I want to be able to call out the stationing of the storm structure along the storm alignment as well as the stationing and offset of the roadway.

I have tried several different things and some get close but nothing has given me the results I am looking for.

Thank you for your help!

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Structure Profile Labels
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 03:16:46 PM »
you will need to ADD a Reference text component to your labels
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

SHERI

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 12:46:38 PM »
I have added a reference text label to my labels. I have used the storm alignment as the reference alignment (in properties box of structure) and the road alignment as the text reference alignment. And vice versa. Neither one gives both the correct stationing (of the road and storm line) and the correct offset. Attached is a one of the projects where all the storm structures have a road offset of 0.00' which is not correct.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 01:18:27 PM »
Sheri, did you see my reply to this on the Autodesk C3D forum? The reference text component will always give a 0 offset when used in a profile because it is getting the location in relation to the profile view, not the structure itself. In plan it works as expected since the label is pointing to the actual structure so the offset can be calculated correctly.