Author Topic: EDGESURF  (Read 6419 times)

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
Re: EDGESURF
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 08:43:41 AM »
I will not improve it more... I have working version for my purposes... What you should do to make it working is converting all curves to reverse possible curves - so arc should become spline - 2nd degree and planar curve... Then you should check for intersections at each end of curves and finally you should apply REVERSE command on those curves that don't satisfy rule of CCW as desired orientation... Finally you run routine and pick curves also in CCW manner... If there are no gaps between curves, routine should work and create desired result - mesh or (I forgot what... Polygon Mesh, Polyface Mesh, or...)
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

myloveflyer

• Newt
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 11:48:35 PM »
For my test I have used the test.dwg you have posted elsewhere:
https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/67990-spatial-grid-segmentation/

Why the cross-posting?
Why the different dwgs?

See the modified dwg for what you should change in the dwg you have attached here.
As already explained the program has some restrictions. Maybe @ribarm will one day improve it.
Although the code is probably intended as more of an exercise than a finished product.

I advise you to use the built-in _EdgeSurf command instead.
Thank you, ROY. I have figured out how there will be a gap. When UCS converts, there is a problem with the capture. Thank you for your advice.
Never give up !

myloveflyer

• Newt
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2019, 11:55:35 PM »
I will not improve it more... I have working version for my purposes... What you should do to make it working is converting all curves to reverse possible curves - so arc should become spline - 2nd degree and planar curve... Then you should check for intersections at each end of curves and finally you should apply REVERSE command on those curves that don't satisfy rule of CCW as desired orientation... Finally you run routine and pick curves also in CCW manner... If there are no gaps between curves, routine should work and create desired result - mesh or (I forgot what... Polygon Mesh, Polyface Mesh, or...)
Hi,ribarm.I have found the error of drawing under the guidance of roy. I don't know what your working version looks like. Can you provide it, is it also meshed? The current program is for quadrilateral meshes, in short, thank you for providing such a perfect program.
Never give up !