Author Topic: projection views  (Read 2395 times)

ramesh

projection views
« on: April 21, 2014, 02:35:47 AM »
Hi
I had drawn projection views by manual methods. I have lot of isometric drawings; from that dwgs I need to draw 1st angle and 3rd angle views. Anybody knows how I can I rotate the isometric view (Front view, Right side view, Top view) directly from Auto lisp 1 -----> 3; that is from my isometric view boundary creation objects. I'm looking lisp program to rotate something like directly 1----> 3 when I pick my boundary views ((Front view, Right side view and Top view) from attachment drawing.

Please see my attachment drawing for more details.

Advance thanks quick reply

Venki rameesh

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
Re: projection views
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 05:19:16 AM »
Hi, ramesh...

I am afraid you'll have to make 3D SOLID entity to extract it's main views... For this I have ALISP code - it will place isometric view of model along with projections, but you'll have to firstly pick real 3D SOLID entity... For modelling instructions, there are few basic operations you should know - making vector translated shape model - command : EXTRUDE - you can perform this also by giving line or pline as vector "path" direction; - making rotational shape model - command : REVOLVE - you select base shape, pick vector along which rotation should be performed and input angle in decimal degrees (the most used one is 360 degree - full rotation); - making cross sectional different shaped model - command : LOFT - you pick cross section shapes in desired order and eventually you pick guidlines curves from one vertex of starting shape to end vertex of ending shape... You have two options of creating 3D entities : one is 3D surface and the other which you should use is 3D solid...

After you make this basic 3D SOLIDS that can be composed into single 3D SOLID entity, you have 3 basic operations which you can use on them : - UNION (unifies more 3D SOLID entities into single one calculating unification contours of 2 or more interfering 3D SOLID entities; - INTERSECT (calculates intersection 3D SOLID entity of interferences of 2 or more 3D SOLIDS); - SUBTRACTION (this one is the most used - it means From 1 st 3D SOLID remove interfering part and rest (remove 2nd 3D SOLID))

So if you have in your mind how should 3D SOLID body model look like... In most cases with only these 6 commands you can make exact 3D SOLID model you want... Note that UNION, INTERSECT and SUBTRACT commands equally well are used in operating with 2D REGIONS as they are assumed to belong to class of 2D Modeling body entities...

For base shapes for creating 3D SOLIDS, you can use PLINE entity, or any other curve entity and if it's closed resulting 3D model will be 3D SOLID; if it's open shape - result is 3D SURFACE, but to be sure what are you making for your specific task I recommend that you make basic shape of lines, arcs, plines, ellipses, circles, xlines, rays or splines and make sure they are all in 2D placed on (WCS - this is optional, but better for understanding what you are doing), and then from these intersecting entities you create 2D shape as REGION option of BPOLY command...

One more command that is useful with modelling is SLICE command - you can slice any 3D SOLID with any plane defined by 3 points in 3D space mainly using UCS command for plane definition...

After you create 3D SOLID entity like the one that is shown on your example, you can use 3DORBIT command or VIEW command to look it in 3D Views... Once 3D SOLID has been created I suggest that you use this useful routine for your purpose : It's called ZSST.lsp... All you have to do is set view to TOP with current WCS, select 3d SOLID and pick insertion point on side where you want to place projections and isometric view... Note that routine uses FLATSHOT command so I suppose you have this built in your version of ACAD...

HTH, M.R.
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

ramesh

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 06:13:10 AM »
Mr M.R.
First I greatly appreciate you for your rocking 3D solid convert into sections.Thanks for great support and time spending. Basically I need to convert my ISO drawings into 1st angle and 2nd angle views immediate, I have no time to convert dwgs into solid. Your 3D solid is superb, please try again my one.

Thanks

Rameesh vn

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 06:26:33 AM »
Making a solid of that shape took less time that it took to scan read ribarm's post ;)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:41:50 AM by Kerry »
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Q1241274614

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 07:10:57 AM »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:18:32 AM by Q1241274614 »

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 08:57:53 AM »
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

ramesh

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 06:55:40 AM »
Hi
Sorry for the late respond,bcoz I'm out of station.Now I would find the way to do your attachment dwgs.

thanks for reply.

venki rameeh.