Author Topic: What is ade_odgettables ?  (Read 2565 times)

mailmaverick

• Bull Frog
What is ade_odgettables ?
« on: April 16, 2014, 03:22:24 PM »
I have a drawing which when i open in Civil 3D and see the properties window of certain objects, they show me some additional information which opening the same drawing in AUTOCAD does not show.

Secondly, i searched the internet and found that we can get the additional information of the entity in Cvil 3D from "ade_odgettables".

My queries :-

1.) Why does the additional information shows in Civil 3D and not in AUTOCAD ?

2.) What is the meaning of function "ade_odgettables" ? Is it part of LISP, VISUAL LISP or anything else ? Also I could not find any Autodesk documentation for the same. Is there any such help / documentation ?

Thanks.

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
Re: What is ade_odgettables ?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 03:29:55 PM »
'ade' is an old prefix used by autodesk for the initial release of Map -- "Autodesk Data Extension"

the object data will show up in Map or Civil, byt vanilla properties has no way to retrieve it, 

Possibly look in the API information for Map to find documentation on it?
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

kraz

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 10:12:58 PM »
I have a drawing which when i open in Civil 3D and see the properties window of certain objects, they show me some additional information which opening the same drawing in AUTOCAD does not show.

Secondly, i searched the internet and found that we can get the additional information of the entity in Cvil 3D from "ade_odgettables".

My queries :-

1.) Why does the additional information shows in Civil 3D and not in AUTOCAD ?

2.) What is the meaning of function "ade_odgettables" ? Is it part of LISP, VISUAL LISP or anything else ? Also I could not find any Autodesk documentation for the same. Is there any such help / documentation ?

Thanks.

Maybe, when SHP file(used in GIS) is imported on AutoCAD Map3D or Civil3D, objectdata attached.
ade_od......function is to get the information or set the information to entities.
these objectdata will be converted to SHP file and objectdata table is converted to DBF file.

NICK_VNV

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 03:16:48 AM »
I have already used object data tables in Civil3d and can say that
1) Autocad has no such functionality as Civil3d or Map3d to work with object data tables
2) In Civil3d you can use something like
Code: [Select]
(ade_odgettables (car(entsel))) to get list of names of datatables attached to selected object
Sorry for my English...

mailmaverick

• Bull Frog
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 08:05:09 AM »
Thanks to all for your valuable replies.