Author Topic: Linetype as per Xref  (Read 1198 times)

SPDCad

• Bull Frog
Linetype as per Xref
« on: April 06, 2005, 11:14:10 AM »
Does anyone know how to change the linetypes or colours of layers of an Xref that have been change in the current drawing.
The problem I am experiencing is that someone has changed linetypes/colours of a layer in a drawing that was not supposed to have been changed and I would like to set it back to the original source drawings parameters, without having to detach and attach the Xref again :(.

Background:
We have common layers in out office that may have one colour and linetype in the source drawing, but when the drawing is xrefed the linetype and colour may change.

Example as follows;
Bulkhead in plan drawing is cyan and a hidden line, but when the plan drawing is xrefed into the RCP we like to show the bulkheads as magenta and continuous.

Any help would be appreciated…
AutoCAD 2010, w/ OpenDCL

visit: http://reachme.at/spd_designs

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Linetype as per Xref
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 11:20:04 AM »
Did the orig dwg that is being xref'd in get changed or the dwg that has the xref in it?  If former, you have to open it and fix the layers colors and linetypes. (this assumes that visretain is on)  If its the latter, open each dwg, turn off visretain, reload your xref, turn visretain back on.  Can be done in a script file to process all your dwgs pretty fast.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)