Author Topic: CP2654: Automated Testing with the AutoCADŽ .NET API  (Read 8940 times)

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
Re: CP2654: Automated Testing with the AutoCADŽ .NET API
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 12:26:28 PM »
The bits about using Gallio to do automated integration tests in AutoCAD was pretty interesting.

However it looks like Gallio isn't currently maintained and it's last build was in July 2012.

Does anyone know of an alternative test automation platform that could be used with AutoCAD and is better maintained?
I read the code sources for the Gallio's AutoCAD addon and I see the bugs. I study the source code and I want to make other implementation of of this addon, which was more convenient and not dependent from specific CAD. For example it must to work with other CADs: nanoCAD, BricsCAD, etc. Then I want to try to make such for NUnit.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 12:45:22 PM »
I just don't see it happening or just too much work for creating a stable testing environment. Autodesk would have to create it I think because the amount of resources and working internally to have input on future changes to help and modify or prevent other changes that would wreak havoc on existing environment.

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 12:48:16 PM »
It is necessary to hope to Autodesk in the latest case only. It is very faint and unreliable hope.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 01:06:52 PM »
I guess anything is possible but I would not hold any amount hope they would create one.

If you enjoyed the classes by Scott I could be wrong but looks like he definitely read this book
http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Test-Driven-Development-Applications-ebook/dp/B004X75OGG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396630097&sr=8-2&keywords=test+driven+development

DavidS

• Mosquito
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2018, 09:17:31 AM »
I know that this is an old topic but I wanted to update the Autodesk University reference with the latest link for Scott McFarlane's class.  This class has a bit more about testing in AutoCAD as of the 2015 AU "SD12077: Being a Remarkable C# .NET AutoCAD Developer" class.

http://au.autodesk.com/au-online/classes-on-demand/class-catalog/classes/year-2015/autocad/sd12077