Author Topic: ** Error: no function definition: VLA-GET-OBJECTID32 **  (Read 12921 times)

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: ** Error: no function definition: VLA-GET-OBJECTID32 **
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2014, 01:01:44 PM »
Nice solution , Lee :)

Thanks chlh_jd  :)

Could anyone confirm whether the value returned by the objectid property in 64-bit 2015 can be used with the setblocktablerecordid method?

Lee,
From my tests, you can feed setblocktablerecordid the INT value generated from (vla-get-objectid obj) but it does not generate the block preview in the table. The STRING value returned from (vlax-invoke-method (vla-get-utility doc) 'getobjectidstring obj :vlax-false) works ... strange.   :o 

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2014, 06:27:58 PM »
From my tests, you can feed setblocktablerecordid the INT value generated from (vla-get-objectid obj) but it does not generate the block preview in the table. The STRING value returned from (vlax-invoke-method (vla-get-utility doc) 'getobjectidstring obj :vlax-false) works ... strange.   :o

Cheers Ron - strange indeed.  :|

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2014, 06:46:35 PM »
Thank you all for your respective work and the resulting informative thread, good read.

An aside and for the curious, the value returned by GetObjectIDString is not the same as the ObjectID but it is the same as an entity's ename converted from hex to decimal. Sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere -- if it was I've not seen it so I thought I'd mention it.   
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst