Author Topic: Adding "Trusted Locations" by accessing the AcadObject  (Read 3490 times)

psuchewinner

Adding "Trusted Locations" by accessing the AcadObject
« on: April 03, 2014, 11:11:43 AM »
im not sure if this question has been asked (i did search for it) but i am wondering if the "Trusted Locations" can be accessed the same way the "support path" would be.

(vl-load-com);enable VLisp functions
  (setq AcadObject (vlax-get-acad-object));store a reference to the Application Object
  (setq PrefsObject (vlax-get-property AcadObject 'Preferences));store a reference to Preferences (Preferences object)
  (setq TabNameObjectoptions (vlax-get-property PrefsObject 'Files));Store a reference to the Files (Files Object)

;----------------Support Path manipulation------------------
  (setq ThePath (vlax-get-property TabNameObject 'SupportPath));get the existing supprt path
  (setq TrustedSites (vlax-get-property TabNameObject 'TrustedLocations));get the existing Trusted Sites
  (setq ThePath (strcat ThePath ";" "\\nprdd08\\acm03\\user\\andy\\blocks;\\nprdd08\\acm03\\user\\andy\\file;\\nprdd08\\acm03\\user\\andy\\menu;c:\\documents and settings\\acm03\\acad stuff\\menu stuff;c:\\documents and settings\\acm03\\acad stuff\\blocks"))
;---------------Update the path-----------------------------
  (vlax-put-property TabNameObject 'SupportPath ThePath)

I have looked for the "Trusted Locations" in the AcadObject but i dont readily see it...... :x

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: Adding "Trusted Locations" by accessing the AcadObject
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 11:34:40 AM »
If you don't want to mess with it just set SECURELOAD to 0.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

psuchewinner

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 01:10:02 PM »
aside from that.....

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 01:33:08 PM »
Try something like this:

(setvar 'trustedpaths (strcat (getvar 'trustedpaths) ";" (getenv "userprofile")))

Custom Build PC

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 01:51:34 PM »
im not sure if this question has been asked (i did search for it) but i am wondering if the "Trusted Locations" can be accessed the same way the "support path" would be.

I have looked for the "Trusted Locations" in the AcadObject but i dont readily see it...... :x

Your findings are correct; TrustedPaths has not been exposed to the PreferencesFiles Object in LISP.

If for some reason (setvar 'trustedpaths ...) is insufficient, consider using Visual LISP's Registry functions on the following key:

Code - Auto/Visual Lisp: [Select]
  1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\<YourProduct>\Profiles\<YourProfile>\Variables\TRUSTEDPATHS
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 02:32:05 PM »
Why not just add it from the options prompt? As of 2014 (maybe earlier) the directories are recursive from the dir selected.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 02:50:54 PM »

If for some reason (setvar 'trustedpaths ...) is insufficient, consider using Visual LISP's Registry functions on the following key:

1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\<YourProduct>\Profiles\<YourProfile>\Variables\TRUSTEDPATHS

Worked fine here?
(setvar 'trustedpaths (strcat (getvar 'trustedpaths) ";" (getenv "userprofile")))

Custom Build PC

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 03:33:54 PM »

Worked fine here?

... "insufficient" as in user preference; not that it doesn't work.  :-)

I personally use the system variable... Simply tried to offer the only other programmatic alternative I could think of, in lieu of the would-be TrustedPaths Property of the PreferencesFiles Object.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 03:38:31 PM »
Gotcha  :)

Custom Build PC

psuchewinner

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 03:48:02 PM »
Thanks guys, I have some code that I run when we get a new version of ACAD around here to set all that stuff back to the way i like it.  I set the support path through the preferencefiles object and liked how it looked in code so i figured i would try to stay consistant.  i have no problem setting SECURELOAD to 0.  i was just curious.  i dont get much time with ACAD these days so its nice to at least work on my coding skills everyonce in a while.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 04:08:52 PM »
... i have no problem setting SECURELOAD to 0....

FWIW - You may, or may not find some useful information following the 'security' link in my signature... err... here.

Cheers