Author Topic: Is there a list of system variables which are saved in registry?  (Read 2412 times)

MeasureUp

• Bull Frog
Is there a list of system variables which are saved in registry? (e.g. "ATTDIA", "AUTOSNAP", ...)
Thanks for your help.

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
Re: Is there a list of system variables which are saved in registry?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 01:48:40 AM »
Don't know if there's any one comprehensive list. But you can always open the registry in regedit and search for one of them which you know - then most probably all those in the same folder would also be registry based "sysvars".

Note though there are more than one folder in registry which holds these. E.g. FileDia (FileDialog) in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D001:409\FixedProfile\General Configuration\

But AttDia in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D001:409\Profiles\<<Unnamed Profile>>\General\
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

trogg

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 08:47:28 AM »
The System Variable Dialog (SYSVDLG) in "Express Tools" does list this, but I don't think that this is a comprehensive list of variables and it only does this individually...

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 06:52:46 PM »
trogg,
I use Express SYSVDLG a lot.

But be aware; The listing is not complete.
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England

MeasureUp

• Bull Frog
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 12:11:24 AM »
Thanks to everyone.
I know the "Sysvldg" in the "Express Tools" but it is not the one I am looking for.
What I am thinking is that it would be nice if I can stick a comprehensive list of system variables (only for those are saved in registry) on the wall.