Author Topic: Cracking a SheetSet file(.dst) to view and edit values inside/oustide AutoCAD  (Read 50203 times)

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
I appreciate I'm a bit late to this party, but taking the work of those before, I've written a slightly different version in VBscript.  Posted below if anyone is interested ...

Thanks for posting this! I quickly and successfully (beta) converted this to LISP (leveraging existing functions from my library). This may prove very useful.

Posted here, cheers.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

VitalyF

• Mosquito
Hi all,

I am having problems with VBscript - SheetSetConverter.vbs

See the figure, where: 1 -bath file by 82L8; 2 - SheetSetConverter.vbs by GILESP

any ideas?

82L8

• Mosquito
BlackBox, thanks for a useful contribution! BTW, shouldn't the SheetSetConverter_uninstall.reg look like that (with minus) to remove the entire tree?
Code - Microsoft Registry: [Select]
  1. Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
  3. [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\RightClickSheetSetConverter]

If that works as you've stated - as I've never seen that before (I'm a youngin' to most) - then hell yeah, it should! Haha 

Thanks for teaching me this useful feature, 82L8. :-) :beer:

Cheers

You're welcome, BlackBox! :)
Actually I found this solution (and more) on Rob Van Der Woude's site: http://www.robvanderwoude.com/regedit.php#Remove

P.S: I also tested SheetSetConverter.vbs and got the same malformed output... :(
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 04:21:28 AM by 82L8 »

BlackBox

• King Gator

P.S: I also tested SheetSetConverter.vbs and got the same malformed output... :(

That's weird; using the .VBS + Shell Menu the resultant .XML opens fine, and is human-readable.

... It's all in one, monolithic line (not formatted), but it's all there.

You're welcome, BlackBox! :)
Actually I found this solution (and more) on Rob Van Der Woude's site: http://www.robvanderwoude.com/regedit.php#Remove

Kewl, thanks for the link!

Cheers
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

BlackBox

• King Gator
... It's all in one, monolithic line (not formatted), but it's all there.

Hooray [Notepad++, Plugins Menu, XML Tools, Pretty Print... And beer]!
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

VitalyF

• Mosquito
Hooray [Notepad++, Plugins Menu, XML Tools, Pretty Print... And beer]!

Do not help nor the xml tools nor the beer

GILESP

• Newt
Curious,

would you mind stating the steps you're taking, and perhaps sharing the dst file so I can try to recreate the problem at this end?

G

Hi all,

See the figure, where: 1 -bath file by 82L8; 2 - SheetSetConverter.vbs by GILESP

any ideas?
..END OF LINE..

GILESP

• Newt
One use is to incorporate this code into a bigger project that takes job information from an administrator and create a folder structure, templates and files for a fresh job. being able to build a sheetset outside of AutoCAD would be very handy

Thanks,
I have not noticed and will look into it as soon as I get some free time.
Have you found any uses or hacks for it?
..END OF LINE..

VitalyF

• Mosquito
Curious,

would you mind stating the steps you're taking, and perhaps sharing the dst file so I can try to recreate the problem at this end?

Yes, of course

GILESP

• Newt
Curious,

Yes, of course

Very strange.  Tried opening the sheet set in Acad first - no problem, if a little empty.
Converted using the vbs script, and opened in XML notepad - looks like it should.

Have you tried using a different XML editor?
..END OF LINE..

VitalyF

• Mosquito
Curious,

Yes, of course

Very strange.  Tried opening the sheet set in Acad first - no problem, if a little empty.
Converted using the vbs script, and opened in XML notepad - looks like it should.

Have you tried using a different XML editor?

I have the "XML Marker"
Please, attach here the vbs file, not the screen code.

GILESP

• Newt

I have the "XML Marker"
Please, attach here the vbs file, not the screen code.

No problem.
..END OF LINE..

pBe

• Bull Frog
Quick question guys.

Is it wise [or better] to read/modify a converted DST file compared to reading the raw DST inside cad through AcSmSheetSetMgr?

I've been thinking of taking this approach.

GILESP

• Newt
Quick question guys.

Is it wise [or better] to read/modify a converted DST file compared to reading the raw DST inside cad through AcSmSheetSetMgr?

I've been thinking of taking this approach.

Given the woeful lack of documentation of AcSmSheetSetMgr and the general clunkyness of dealing with it in VBA, I think an external editor is a good idea for some tasks. It also removed the need for an Autocad Installation if you just need to perform administrative functions.
..END OF LINE..

bejenaru.a

Hi guys,

I've been trying to use the DSTconvert.vbs and by converting the dst file to Xml and just doing the same backwards without any modification made to the XML file the resulting DST file become corrupt.
I'm afraid it has to do with the accents we use in our paths and file name as it's a spanish project.

I'm attaching the original dst file.
Any ideas?