Author Topic: Highlight text with GRDRAW  (Read 7495 times)

Bhull1985

Re: Highlight text with GRDRAW
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 10:35:19 AM »
Could we then convert these boxes into wipeouts, and then do some fancy draw-ordering to stack the wipeout on bottom and the text entity on top?

This would in effect be a 1-click wipeout box for text entities which I for one would be really happy to play with.

I suppose since the given code draws the rectangs around each entity, perhaps I could be successful in coding the logic necessary to change the rectangles into wipeouts....and then apply the draw order settings once the wipeouts are correctly in place.

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 12:26:52 AM »
Are you sure you want a wipeout behind the text? If so just use the Express tools' TextMask command. There are also quite a few lisps like that already. Some of them even use the MText's background masking - which means the text & mask is one entity (not 2 grouped like in Express Tools) so you can't move the text off the mask.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

Bhull1985

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 07:18:08 AM »
Yeah I had later realized that it was probably the rectang portion that was the coded logic for this routine, and that yes there should be tools around that can wipeout with lisp.
Got too jumpy, thanks Irneb :)