Author Topic: BLM Manual of Survey Instructions 1973  (Read 3600 times)

Dent Cermak

BLM Manual of Survey Instructions 1973
« on: April 01, 2005, 02:12:59 PM »
This is the rule and guide for surveyors. if you are preparing to take your RLS exam you need a copy to study. The Government Printing Office is out and there are no plans to print more any time soon. Amazon has 2 copies for sale at $150 each. :shock:
Here. Print your own:

http://www.az.blm.gov/cadastral/manual/manindex.htm

I hate Netscape links, but it's the best I can do.

In 1974 BLM put out a pam on Lost & Obliterated Corners. It's out of print too. So, Here;

http://www.cadastral.net/lao/lao-all.htm

Now is everybody happy??   :twisted:

*edit by MST*
fixed links

Dinosaur

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 06:18:28 PM »
Thanks Dent . . . I personally gave up field work shortly after staking a seismic prospect near Baggs, Wyoming one February, but the young pups in our office don't have a clue about real surveying and desperately need one.  This should open their eyes a bit.

Bob Garner

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 12:11:02 PM »
Dent,

Great stuff!  Haven't they updated it though?  Anybody still use an alidade and plane table?  And where's the stuff about carrying a snake bite kit?

Thanks for posting - ahh the memories.

Bobber

Dinosaur

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 12:48:23 PM »
Quote from: Bob Garner
Anybody still use an alidade and plane table?

I don't know about now, but the seismic crews I worked with in '78-'79 all used them for their prospect maps and they worked quite well.  One crew had a T16, but from the looks of their work it was never used.  I think they must have traced over a USGS map at the bar to get some of their results.

Dent Cermak

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 01:57:45 PM »
The 1973 edition with that 1974 pam are the last updates. I guess reguardless of what equipment you use, basic proceedures remain the same.
I have English Ivy plants in pots on my plane table right now.