Author Topic: Project Navigator palette  (Read 17234 times)

Hangman...

Project Navigator palette
« on: December 18, 2003, 04:00:15 PM »
I am having a problem with my proj. navigator palette in that it will not open.   I'm not sure if this is the place to post this or in the General manilla folder.  :)   At any rate, would anyone know how or where I could look to find a ...   something for this ???

My co-workers comes up without a problem.   I looked at the MNS file for the toolbar and found that the code (listed below) is identical.   So in all reality, I should be able to get my proj nav palette as well.  

Code: [Select]

AECID_ProjectNavigator [_Button("Project Navigator Palette", "PROJECT_NAVIGATOR16", "PROJECT_NAVIGATOR16")]^P_AecProjectNavigatorToggle ^P

I have noticed that it calls the palette up differently than the tools or the properties palette.

HELP !?.    :?

daron

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 04:24:40 PM »
This would be the place for it since it doesn't exist in vanilla acad yet, from what I've heard, but the closest I've come to using it is having it always on my screen. I heard there was a class on it at AU. As far as getting it to load, I haven't had or heard of any problems. You might try a repair on it through add/remove programs. What happens when you hit ctrl+5?
A little experimentation gave me from your code
Code: [Select]
_aecprojectnavigatortoggle
^that as the command line name. What happens when you try entering that on the command line?

Hangman

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 05:21:41 PM »
Absolutely Nothing.

It's weird, cause if you hit the ctrl+5, you will notice that nothing comes up in the text box to show you a path, command, anything.?.

I have tried typing that in, (the aecprojectnavigatortoggle) as well as (appearently the command is) aecprojectnavigator.   The screen flashes for a second but nothing appears.  I was wondering if it was appearing behind the toolbars but I can't find it anywhere.
After toggling it, I use the window pulldown menu and the project palette listing is checked so ...   either it's not appearing but the program is loading it or, I have got some serious poop go'in on.   :D
My big problem is that I don't even know where to start looking ... either to find it hidden on my screen somewhere ...  wait a minute ...
OK, ...  it is possible to put the tool palette beyond the edge of your screen, so now how do I get it back into view ???

Take your ACAD text window (F2) and grab the titlebar and drag it way down to the bottom of your screen.  You can make it go off the edge.   Appearently, that's where my proj nav palette is, how do I get it back to the screen ???   :lol:

Hangman

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 05:31:41 PM »
Hey, ...   answered my own question.   DUH !!!    Man, If I didn't have my head attached to my neck, I'd lose it.   :lol:

For some oddball reason, it was off the screen.   When I upped my resolution to the highest possible setting, the palette appeared off to one side.   Interesting though, after moving it to the middle of the screen, it would not let me move it back to where it was originally.   :?

Oh well, ...   I've got it now,   THanks All for all your support.   :D

daron

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 05:50:31 PM »
I figured that was the problem. That was going to be my suggestion.

Dent Cermak

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2003, 06:23:03 PM »
SURE !!!

daron

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2003, 06:24:53 PM »
go away.