Author Topic: Says it all.  (Read 2527 times)

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Says it all.
« on: January 06, 2014, 11:23:23 PM »
We're Online! (Who Cares About the Rest of the World?)

In response to Autodesk's adamant stance on online sharing and collaboration, a press member from Argentina explained, "We don't like to share."

Another from India added, "Only 6% of us are online."

Suddenly with these six words, the world that we in the USA take for granted -- 24/7 broadband access, smart phone always in hand, iPads at the airport, one step from having our toasters text us when the toast is ready -- collapsed to its true size.

I wonder what the percentage online is in China.

These guys really do want BricsCad and ZWCad to thrive apparently.
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
Re: Says it all.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 02:17:13 AM »
The company spitting into own users must die - it is law of life. I think it can occur in the future, if the policy of the Autodesk company doesn't change.

Every next year quality of AutoCAD becomes worse. The company is oriented on annual release of the next bucket full of holes. The quality of a product isn't priority long ago. Even the silliest users already cease to  believe them.

On the presentations similar to meeting of Witnesses of Jehovah, all show insincere pleasure and are ready to speak about anything, except real problems of AutoCAD. The main task of such actions - deception the user (to throw a dust into eyes). This deception is a method of receiving buyers for the "new" AutoCAD version. The old versions of AutoCAD frequent work better (quicker, and less errors) than newer versions.

All priorities are placed in favor of receiving financial profit. Cares of users and of quality of AutoCAD don't appear in this list. The "Online" direction, which is not considering judgement of users, is an additional confirmation of my opinion.

This is my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:21:26 AM by Andrey Bushman »

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 11:01:06 AM »
All priorities are placed in favor of receiving financial profit. Cares of users and of quality of AutoCAD don't appear in this list. The "Online" direction, which is not considering judgement of users, is an additional confirmation of my opinion.

This is my opinion.

And I disagree, at least in part.  They have been willing to take a few of my problems into consideration, which is fairly astounding considering like everyone else here, I'm not in charge.  And I think that point needs re-iterating fairly often.  Many people seem to be of the opinion that their needs *must* be implemented, now, without regard to any. other. considerations.  The downside of a push-button immediate gratification society.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

matthewj

• Newt
  • Vanilla
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 07:36:25 PM »
Many people seem to be of the opinion that their needs *must* be implemented, now, without regard to any. other. considerations.  The downside of a push-button immediate gratification society.

I think we can all agree that making Autocad less crash-prone is better for all users.  Personally I think that is more useful than adding half implemented, mediocre features.

Matt

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 01:27:25 PM »
I would like to hear from some of the cad testers on this site,  do they report problems with the new options that aren't fixed before the new cad is released?