Author Topic: Layout Page Setup ?  (Read 2352 times)

yarnstormer

Layout Page Setup ?
« on: December 27, 2013, 09:58:43 AM »
I'm working on a large file with many layout tabs. Title block in ps, drawing in ms...the usual.

I inherited this drawing so there have been some quirks that I will address in another posting.

My usual method of creating the layouts is to get one setup like I like - then copy it - and rename it as needed. I'm working on a large gridded area making layouts one at a time.

Naturally when I do this a new "page setup" is created for each layout that bears the name of the new layout tab. I've always used separate page setups for each layout tab - entirely self taught over the years and that seemed to work but then I was not working with so many layouts at once.

A former coworker told me that I should be using the same page setup for every tab. (yes the plot style size etc IS the same so it would be possible)
Is this true?
Should I copy my layouts then go in and change the page setup style each time to one single page setup? Does it matter? I can't think what difference it would make unless I wanted to change the plot style overall or unless there is a performance issue. I can change the plot style when I publish so that's what I've been doing when needed.

oh wait...former coworker had the "show plot styles" checked and that was messing with my ps display so now that IS something I would like to change on all the tabs. Maybe something like that is a good reason to have one setup.

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Re: Layout Page Setup ?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 10:03:48 AM »
I usually assign the same page set-up to each tab, full size plot to plotter, with two additional ones available within the file. One for half size plots and another for PDFs.

CAD Tech

yarnstormer

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 10:23:21 AM »
ok makes sense.

Can I backtrack and globally change the page setup for a number of tabs at the same time?

Rob...

• King Gator
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 10:29:51 AM »
Only if they have the same page set-up applied to them. I don't think you can apply a page set-up to multiple tabs without a LISP. There is one around here somewhere.
CAD Tech

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 10:30:22 AM »
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 10:31:29 AM »
I think you can select tabs using the Shift+Left Click for manual changes.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

Rob...

• King Gator
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 10:32:45 AM »
CAD Tech

yarnstormer

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 11:14:25 AM »
I guess it makes sense to make the layout style the most used one - and use the change style in publish when I want to plot differently.

Not sure I see any big difference in doing this vs. having page style set to "none" and just picking what style I want when I publish. Maybe I'm missing something.
I guess it would be different it multiple users were accessing the drawing and plotting.

Rob...

• King Gator
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 12:21:28 PM »
I guess it makes sense to make the layout style the most used one - and use the change style in publish when I want to plot differently.

Not sure I see any big difference in doing this vs. having page style set to "none" and just picking what style I want when I publish. Maybe I'm missing something.
I guess it would be different it multiple users were accessing the drawing and plotting.

That is exactly why I have them in the drawing files, for easy access by other users who may not be as versed in plotting.
CAD Tech

yarnstormer

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 02:02:22 PM »
okay okay I will try to play well with others. Even if there are no others at present.

Rob...

• King Gator
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 09:28:31 AM »
Do it for yourself. Put all of the ones you use on a regular basis into your template. They can also be imported from file to file.
CAD Tech