Author Topic: ""WARNING: Incompatible or missing plot style""  (Read 5783 times)

RC

""WARNING: Incompatible or missing plot style""
« on: December 07, 2013, 10:35:17 AM »
Publish (current page setup to PDF within PUBLISH) works as expected in foreground, uses proper page setup plot style and color table and the results are black on white.

But when using PUBLISH in background it shows an error for each:
""WARNING: Incompatible or missing plot style""
and the created PDF's are in color instead of black and white.

I have discovered that when PUBLISHing in background the application uses a different profile from the current profile, the bad news is the profile it uses is IDENTICAL to the current profile (the ONLY exception being a different sub-sub-menu load).  BOTH profiles point to the same plot style directory.  As far as I can tell EVERYTHING is identical EXCEPT foreground/background publishing. 

It 'appears' that AutoCAD is simply choosing a different directory from which to search for plot styles.  I have copied the plot style table into a half a dozen of the usual suspected support directories including the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\UserDataCache\Plotters\Plot Styles directory and still no joy

Any ideas??

RC

Re: ""WARNING: Incompatible or missing plot style""
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 12:22:52 PM »
No ideas I guess .....

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 12:47:53 PM »
I had something kinda similar and repair got it working again.

RC

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 05:36:10 PM »
thanks Jeff, tried that, no cigar, but thanks for the reply anyway was beginning to think I was talking to myself .... again.