Author Topic: Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop  (Read 19887 times)

owenwengerd

• Bull Frog
Re: Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 04:30:20 PM »
... Or... You could just use an Autoloader .bundle to deploy your app(s), which will do all of the above mentioned steps for you. Lemon squeezy.

An autoloader bundle will not work in AutoCAD 2010 will it?

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 05:06:19 PM »
Greetings, Owen!  Long time, no chat - I hope all is well with you, Sir. :-)

... Or... You could just use an Autoloader .bundle to deploy your app(s), which will do all of the above mentioned steps for you. Lemon squeezy.

An autoloader bundle will not work in AutoCAD 2010 will it?

While Autoloader was first implemented in 2012, generally speaking, the contents of a given .bundle are able to be ARX/CUI/NET-loaded into 2010 respectively (presuming compatible compiled framework executable files, etc.)... As I understand it, the OP is currently using both 2010, and 2012, and according to the OP:

We are about to upgrade all of our site's AutoCAD and we need to install for every installation our "in-house" applications.

... Which is what prompted my suggestion of Autoloader.

They're already producing 2010 and 2012 compatible executable files, and have everything they'd need (save PackageContents.xml essentially). Since it (Autoloader) currently supports one of their two production versions, and the contents of a would-be .bundle could be loaded through typical Profile means (i.e., Registry loader, CUIx loaded as partial to main, etc.) as per usual, methinks it may save 'deployment' efforts by only having to setup their 2010 installs. Then, once they've upgraded, they'll already have a working "In-House" application .bundle after install of new version.

Cheers
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:20:18 PM by BlackBox »
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."