Author Topic: Is possible to avoid the overwrite of an ARX lisp function?  (Read 2733 times)

LE3

Is possible to avoid the overwrite of an ARX lisp function?
« on: September 02, 2013, 05:33:41 PM »
Have not played for the last 3+ years with ARX, and got the time today.

As the subject said, it is possible to avoid the overwrite? of one of your arx lisp functions or the 'Assignment to protect symbol: ... Enter break loop?

Or maybe to have unload and re-load the ARX every time a lisp command it is use?

Or also to test the (type myArxLispFunction) == EXRXSUBR -- This way we know is our own arx lisp function.

Comments are welcome.

Thanks,
LE!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 05:44:57 PM by LE »

owenwengerd

• Bull Frog
Re: Is possible to avoid the overwrite of an ARX lisp function?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 06:57:40 PM »
Only another ARX module can replace or remove an existing ARX command from the command stack. Defining a lisp symbol can hide a command, but not overwrite it. UNDEFINE can disable a command temporarily, also without overwriting it. I guess you are referring to an ADS function (i.e. a lisp callable function defined in an ARX module), in which case no, it is not possible to prevent a user from controlling the value of the lisp symbol.

LE3

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 07:07:22 PM »
Now it is clear Owen.

Yes, I am referring to an ADS function.

What I tried is to unload-load my arx before calling my function - seems to work.

Thanks!

owenwengerd

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 07:13:46 PM »
Note that a clever user will still be able to easily thwart your effort by redefining (arxload).