Author Topic: [Original] Encrypt Lisp code!  (Read 6565 times)

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
Re: [Original] Encrypt Lisp code!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 03:27:44 PM »
One "problem" commonly encountered is a company spends years getting everything just-so.  A new employee comes in, then later quits and moves to another company taking that code and support files with them without asking permission.  Now the new employer is competing on the same grounds without lifting a finger.  Illegal?  Probably not.  Unethical, certainly.

If the code was created on company time, or using company software/hardware, then the code is company property.  under copyright law it's a 'work for hire'.  So yeah, Gieseppe Drafter taking a copy with him to his next employer is in fact illegal, and both he and the new employer are probably liable for statutory damages, and or violating trade secrets.  either can get pricy - and doubling them up is bankruptcy worthy.
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business

TopoWAR

• Newt
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 03:51:18 PM »
hello, I imagine using the method of "obfuscation" serious question: the execution of the code will be slow??? thank you very much
Thanks for help

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 10:10:10 AM »
hello, I imagine using the method of "obfuscation" serious question: the execution of the code will be slow??? thank you very much

That depends on implementation e.g. decrypt to standard LSP content, load decrypted content.  Zero run-time difference to unencrypted LISP, slight delay on loading during decryption process.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

ElpanovEvgeniy

• Water Moccasin
  • Moscow (Russia)
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »
Another version
Increase the invalid code
Command : TT
then Point two points

Part of the code:
Code: [Select]
.............. (CdLbUiHq99)(GxBqQd38)(LtNpWm59)(JiOuTx51)(VkGnXaBsXk90)(LbOoIt61)(GsOtVo76)(RqXyXwMr92)(QtEmEtPg17)(VcAuFp96)(IbLbPnBe62)(PjQeLkWlBv46)(ShXyXiCw40)(ScTuAkMp82)(VbNoErXp65)(LrYmMsMdIj52)(XxXkFbXjKe29)(YnJqGf15)(YmNaJqVs33)(AyVvBhQfAk37)(CrJvUg77)(RkKrBvOy19)(MxMlKdHcSr43)(NrLqEiBpIw43)(FdFbXbPpFq68)(McUgVg77)(UcNuSrUs90)(NkTnQqJc35)(XqEeAaUjLr73)(DpLqLtSqJs17)(NsBqUkMdBs66)(VdJxWuYi42)(JrTiLiPu46)(UlBcEg25)(YrTdYsRnQj14)(NdMmDdPx56)(OlBnHa31)(SpBhEdGdWp5)(WyKsWo84)(XjDqRy71)(LmEtDxTiOm57)(FtNwVbYp79)(JrArEaYj15)(EmPaOiMpNi86)(SmMlSsCa33)(DyNaRiNcTm15)(PwFhPv77)(BuPiJpEy70)(QvMqEh53)(NrYrYfBtGl59)(XjAdBvNbUu68)(WjWmNoOb17)(FdIbUvUgTm66)(QqDnKqIiXg30)(SgHvTaNrUp91)(UmAgPkPn88)(CxKeJoKp92)(KtDgBcVdHv34)(YwCaMlMxPj9)(WjOmYwYs35)(QsGoGpXrGp20)(EaUkWyTd20)(IbQdOlOfWd59)(HrWpGwIh36)(JuYbMr23)(PrCyEo7)(XsNnNdDt92)(OgGtJuWyKd94)(WvNgPx86)(JhEvQtEcPc50)(JnPbFgWy53)(XcRkBeGs35)(KfLcPqDgRx78)(YmDfRx51)(RvBxNcJa47)(HxBlXa86)(DrHoXpVyKg77)(WrJaBm31)(QgPvIt29)(TdTlTlFg9)(KrEfIa21))

I'm sorry, but this is a very weak defense.
Such protection is much weaker than the vlx and can be broken without the knowledge of AutoCAD any programmer.  I think I'll be able to remove this protection in the five lines of Lisp...  :-(

For protection, I recommend using the unique capabilities AutoCAD.
Using standard and predictable data that is generated in the program will use them as keys for decryption. for example, can be geometrically tangent or other data that are further used in the program. To break such a program would be necessary to examine her work in AutoCAD. This will require a hacker to find a unique knowledge of the designer...