Author Topic: reference drawing lisp  (Read 2551 times)

ELOQUINTET

reference drawing lisp
« on: March 24, 2005, 11:31:45 AM »
i just had an idea as i've been opening alot of drawings for reference trying to learn. is there a way one could open up a drawing and label it somehow as reference only then have it close without saving after a given time. i wind up having tons of drawings open and some i only need momentarily. is this possible, any ideas?

pmvliet

reference drawing lisp
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 12:21:44 PM »
open it read only?

ELOQUINTET

reference drawing lisp
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 12:27:44 PM »
thanks for the response. first off could i do that from acad. i don't often use explorer to open acad files?. secondly the main thing i want is for the drawing to "timeout" and close after a set time if i label it as reference. i have alot of drawings open with similar names and details. the only difference is the job number but i'm working on so many that... well i think you understand. it's just an idea i think would be useful to alot here. if anyone has a way i could sort of aceive this i'm all ears.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
reference drawing lisp
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 01:19:46 PM »
i think you could use a timer, I'll look into that
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
reference drawing lisp
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 01:20:22 PM »
that being said, how much time before it closes
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

ELOQUINTET

reference drawing lisp
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 01:27:24 PM »
ummm how about 15 minutes  :?: thanks for your help

daron

reference drawing lisp
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 02:24:20 PM »
Quote from: pmvliet
open it read only?

Quote from: eloquintet

thanks for the response. first off could i do that from acad.

In your open dialog, there is a little arrow next to the word open. If you hit that button, you'll see a few different ways to open a drawing, including read-only.

ELOQUINTET

reference drawing lisp
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 08:37:42 AM »
thanks for the tip daron , never peaked inside there. so would there be a way to set a timer to drawings i open as read only so that they close after a certain amount of time. i think this would be really nice.