Author Topic: recommend a useful lisp and dcl resource editor  (Read 21875 times)

haibinpro

• Newt
recommend a useful lisp and dcl resource editor
« on: July 17, 2013, 01:02:15 AM »
I'm glad to recommend this useful tools for you
EverEdit is a fast, lightweight, extendable text, source and binary editor for Windows(Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003+). While it can serve as a good Notepad replacement, it also offers many powerful features for Web page authors and programmers.

ee is free now and the author said the commerce version will not ask you regist force

here is the homesite:
http://www.everedit.net/

there is some discus about this software
http://bbs.mjtd.com/thread-102216-1-1.html
http://bbs.mjtd.com/thread-102447-1-1.html
http://www.xdcad.net/forum/thread-669277-1-1.html
http://www.xdcad.net/forum/thread-669349-1-1.html

I'll show some good function here by pic to show it.

haibinpro

• Newt
Re: recommend a useful lisp and dcl resource editor
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 01:04:25 AM »
more pic

haibinpro

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 01:05:56 AM »
and more
by script,you can use it combine with cad

if this subject is no legal to the forum.
please just delete it.

haibinpro

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 01:21:14 AM »
it is said the captips function will support at next version 3.0

haibinpro

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 08:33:26 PM »
The author said he will add more feature to support lsp language,
any one get good ideas ,please told me (ideas you think that is useful or good enough,other editors,such as editplus notepad++ emeditor suport or not suport).I'll retail it to author and retunn the reply here.
any other detail operate is also welcome.
such as choose words around the curse and inside the neast bracket.

if you known some texteditor that is quite good for lsp,please let me known.
your adviser would bestir author to make the tools more convenient and so we can get a satisfact tool

regards.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:52:59 AM by haibinpro »

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 02:29:27 AM »
It looks interesting. But unfortunately it's still just an editor when it comes to AutoLisp, not an IDE. Sure the tools are quite advanced, but what's needed to get past being just another NotePad++ is a REPL which reads the ACad environment.

I.e. it needs to also replace VLIDE (with its Lisp Console and Trace Windows, and its captips should then be able to read symbols in the ACad environment). Either by becoming a built-in editor inside ACad (as VLIDE is), or link to the ACad environment from outside (perhaps ActiveX or preferably DotNet).

BTW, is this editor also based on the Scintilla libraries? Every other editor I've yet seen is, including NotePad++, SciTe, TextPad, UltraEdit, PSPad, etc.

If it can't integrate into ACad, then I'd rather see something like Light Table or Sublime. But that might just be me.

Still, a thumbs-up to the developer - great work!
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

haibinpro

• Newt
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 06:25:16 AM »
It looks interesting. But unfortunately it's still just an editor when it comes to AutoLisp, not an IDE. Sure the tools are quite advanced, but what's needed to get past being just another NotePad++ is a REPL which reads the ACad environment.

I.e. it needs to also replace VLIDE (with its Lisp Console and Trace Windows, and its captips should then be able to read symbols in the ACad environment). Either by becoming a built-in editor inside ACad (as VLIDE is), or link to the ACad environment from outside (perhaps ActiveX or preferably DotNet).

BTW, is this editor also based on the Scintilla libraries? Every other editor I've yet seen is, including NotePad++, SciTe, TextPad, UltraEdit, PSPad, etc.

If it can't integrate into ACad, then I'd rather see something like Light Table or Sublime. But that might just be me.

Still, a thumbs-up to the developer - great work!
Thanks for you attention.
 I'm afraid everedit will not be an ide.
the author's goal is to make an excelent editor but not a ide.
but some ide function may add to it's own.
at other way,as what i know,not any other editor (like lisplink) can do a better work than vlide in debug job.
everedit is not base on Scintilla .the core is totally new.
see thanks windows for more information(ee use some project to enhance itself)
sublime is a good editor.

btw ,if you get any idea upride  the experience of write lsp code,pls let me known.

ee has buildin chinese english japanese language to use.
have fun.

roy_043

• Water Moccasin
  • BricsCAD 18
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 06:42:26 AM »
@ haibinpro: Can EverEdit correctly highlight multiline comments:
Code - Auto/Visual Lisp: [Select]
  1. ;|
  2. This is a multiline
  3. comment
  4. |;
I can't get this to work in Notepad++ (using either langs.xml or userDefineLang.xml) or SciTE.

haibinpro

• Newt
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 06:56:13 AM »
  1. ;|
  2. This is a multiline
  3. comment
  4. |;
I can't get this to work in Notepad++ (using either langs.xml or userDefineLang.xml) or SciTE.

yes ,it can.
see the first post and the first pic
http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=44949.0;attach=25261;image

you can see the syntax files for more information.

c:\Program Files\everedit\syntax\autolisp.mac

Set rLine20=AutoLisp.CreateRegion(COLOR_COMMENT2,";\|","(?<!\|)\|;",True)
here the reg express show the bug in cad blocks comment. see pic as below to get it.

hmspe

• Bull Frog
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 10:11:07 AM »
One thing I'd like to see in an editor is a mode that will color code matching pairs of parentheses.   I know the IDE will highlight pairs of parens, but if both are not on the same screen that function is not very useful.  If the first level pf parentheses is black, the second level red, the third blue, etc., it is very easy to scroll through code and see where parens do not match.  I use a utility named Parenmatch from Farasoft to do this, but it would be better to have the function in the editor than to use a separate program.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman

roy_043

• Water Moccasin
  • BricsCAD 18
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 01:15:19 PM »
  1. ;|
  2. This is a multiline
  3. comment
  4. |;

yes ,it can.
see the first post and the first pic
http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=44949.0;attach=25261;image

you can see the syntax files for more information.

c:\Program Files\everedit\syntax\autolisp.mac

here the reg express show the bug in cad blocks comment. see pic as below to get it.
Thanks.
But why are there so many regular expressions for comments in the last set of images when AutoLISP only has two types of comments?

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 01:25:01 PM »
why are there so many regular expressions for comments in the last set of images when AutoLISP only has two types of comments?

roy, are you referring to this?:

If so, the regex pattern ?<! is a 'negative lookbehind' operator which tests whether the characters preceding the subsequent pattern (\|;) do not match the regex pattern following the operator (in this case \|). This is necessary as ||; will not end a multiline comment in AutoLISP.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 01:28:57 PM by Lee Mac »

haibinpro

• Newt
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 08:17:33 PM »
One thing I'd like to see in an editor is a mode that will color code matching pairs of parentheses.   I know the IDE will highlight pairs of parens, but if both are not on the same screen that function is not very useful.  If the first level pf parentheses is black, the second level red, the third blue, etc., it is very easy to scroll through code and see where parens do not match.  I use a utility named Parenmatch from Farasoft to do this, but it would be better to have the function in the editor than to use a separate program.
Good sugguestion.I'll sugguest it to author and return back the answer here.
the editor now is only support highlight the bracket around the cursor and the pair one.likes the notepad++

you can turn on the indent symbol to see a resouce file with good block format as a resolve way(which many othor editor support it too).

The author consider make dynamic views when we look at the code.
the block code we concern to(cursor should click some where to let the program knowns where you are concern about) will force to have a backcolor
some what like the pic show below(the one by word program shows,while the aauto one is show you the dynamic effect)

see the attach.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:21:24 AM by haibinpro »

haibinpro

• Newt
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 08:24:50 PM »
But why are there so many regular expressions for comments in the last set of images when AutoLISP only has two types of comments?
yes ,I use these regular express to help me seprate the text blocks.
see first post first img.you can see these block text syntax at diff way.
comment begin with   ;|+  is total black and run through the line.
while the comment begin with  ;|+++ is syntax with gray color and run through the line.
compare to the single comment ,i disign it to no run through the line.only syntax it'self.
I transfer this mac to english too. but it was in my home.I'll attach it here.and you all may known how the syntax file works.

btw,the editor is also combine a program language support witch is call newlisp.see newlisp.mac for more information.
the editor syntax lsp files as newlisp way as default.so you may need to switch the syntaxs files by hand or config it to syntax list filse  as autolisp way as default.

and I'm so happy Lee Mac comes here.

best regards
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:32:06 PM by haibinpro »

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 01:43:15 AM »
Usually I use the folding mechanism to get around the issue of matching parens (or even stuff like curly brackets in C/C++/C#, or Begin/End blocks in VB, etc. etc.) when they're too far apart to be seen on one single screen. IMO any editor without folding (or something similar) is not worth classing as a programming editor.

But you're correct, it would be nice to see a visual representation - much like the colour coding of Excel's formulas. I just think that in Lisp the colours are going to become extremely many, as the parens are usually orders of magnitude more than the brackets in something like C. I.e. every single instruction in lisp starts and ends with parens, not so in most other languages.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.