Author Topic: Linq to XML Selection issue.  (Read 4247 times)

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: Linq to XML Selection issue.
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 07:43:54 AM »
It's not always the same.
and process is dynamic in that new nodes/elements are added as the  parent application evolves.
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
Re: Linq to XML Selection issue.
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 05:28:34 PM »
depending on how far you go with this Kerry, you might want to entertain a schema, this will help with serialisation and also enable you to create wrapper classes for your xml objects using XSD or LiquidXML et al. This way you work with your objects using c# as usual, you read in the whole XML and have at it in a more 'natural' way.

I'm currently using LiquidXML for a project now with many object types (60 odd) that I read/write and edit in dwg files. I imported in the schema into LiquidXML and it wrote the c# library and source code and documentation for me. It's has many more features for XML including creating schemas from sample xml files for instance.

If you want to look into this further just holler, I could do you an example or you can download the trial and I'm a call away if you need a hand.
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien