Author Topic: Purge unuseful RegisteredApplication  (Read 6607 times)

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: Purge unuseful RegisteredApplication
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 01:07:11 PM »
Sorry ... I can't tell you much about the code other than it's fast :). I used to have it load at start up if over X regapps were found and then nuke them into oblivion :).

No worries; I'll see what I can do, as time permits... I should ask Gile; hopefully he doesn't mind? *not sure* I really like the concept of his offering.

Is there a way to have a DLL that supports multiple version of AutoCAD ?

Assemblies (.DLL) do support multiple versions... Assemblies are Database, and .NET framework dependent though.

As an example, when compiled to 'Any CPU', and .NET 3.5 Framework, I can have one assembly load, and function successfully in AutoCAD 2010-2012 either 32-Bit, or 64-Bit using the same assembly.

ObjectARX does not have this capability as it is both environment (32-Bit / 64-Bit), and Database specific, meaning for the example of AutoCAD 2010-2012, both 32-bit and 64-Bit, one would end up compiling two (2) separate ARX assemblies (.arx), one for each processing environment.

AutoCAD 2013 introduced the 'Big Split' which added a new dependency of AcCoreMgd.dll (Core Console) among other things, such as Extension Methods, etc..

For the low hanging fruit plug-ins that I have developed to date, my code has been able to copy and paste right into an AutoCAD 2014 .NET Wizard template, and compile. No changes to code (thankfully).
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: Purge unuseful RegisteredApplication
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 01:09:18 PM »
Forgot to clarify before posting... Regarding the Database dependency of .NET assemblies... That's in relation to AcCoreMgd.dll.

What I mean is, that for pre-Core Console versions (2012 and older), .NET assemblies are backwards compatible in newer versions... Code that was compiled for .NET 3.0 will work in 3.5 apps (2010-2012), etc..
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."