Author Topic: Enable LISP in AutoCAD 2014  (Read 10926 times)

Lupo76

• Bull Frog
Enable LISP in AutoCAD 2014
« on: April 01, 2013, 04:58:31 AM »
Hello to all,
today I tried for the first time AutoCAD 2014.
I then tried to install my application that uses ACADINST to add search paths and file *.Fas to be loaded automatically.
After installing my application I open AutoCAD 2014 and I noticed that my application would not start :realmad:

I checked, so if ACADINST had done its work: the search paths have been added successfully, and also the *.Fas to be loaded automatically :-o
Then, later, I realized that as long as the user does not start, at least once, the command "_APPLOAD", these messages do not appear and there is no way to start the application ... if instead the user starts "_APPLOAD" then close and reopen AutoCAD, messages appear asking for the permission to start my file *. fas.

question:
- How can I delete these messages immediately, during the installation? you can delete them automatically without requiring the end user to do it manually?
- Alternatively, if you can not automatically where you need to go to disable these requests?

Thanks in advance

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: Enable LISP in AutoCAD 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 05:02:36 AM »
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Lupo76

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 07:15:37 AM »
Thanks for the reply.
I wrote a message in the forum Autodesk

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/Enable-LISP-in-AutoCAD-2014/td-p/3819516

I found a way to add, using lisp, the paths of my application in the ramification "Trusted Locations" in the options.
But I have to tell my customers to run at least once (for no apparent reason ... for them ....) the "_APPLOAD."

I try to explain better:
1. I install my application thanks to a Setup.exe file, this file will automatically add the paths in "Support File Search Path" and the file "load_nameapp.lsp" in APPLOAD -> Contents
2. so I expect that when I open AutoCAD, the first time, it asks the user for permission to load the file "load_nameapp.lsp", the user answers yes, and then they are automatically add the necessary paths in "Trusted Locations '

Unfortunately this does not happen, as long as you do not start at least once, manually, the command "APPLOAD" and, without doing anything close the dialog box.
This is very strange ... because the file "load_nameapp.lsp" does not start automatically?  :cry:

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 07:48:50 AM »
I haven't become familiar with the new rules yet. I do know it affects .MNL files as well. I'll rethink the set-up routines I use with several clients when I get a weekend or 2 to spare.

I like to have the initial opening clean and lean, and only load stuff as it's needed .. I hope this doesn't have to change.

Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 07:58:58 AM »
You can use a file named ACADDOC.LSP, which is always loaded if AutoCAD finds it. In that you can use lisp commands like LOAD or AUTOLOAD to load other lisp files.

The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 08:23:28 AM »
You can use a file named ACADDOC.LSP, which is always loaded if AutoCAD finds it. In that you can use lisp commands like LOAD or AUTOLOAD to load other lisp files.
Is the location of that file affected by the security settings ??
Where did you find that bit of information ?
Have you tied it huiz ? I assume any subsequent loads are affected by the security system, is that so ?

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 08:28:34 AM »
AcadDoc[.lsp[.fas[.vlx]]] is _still_ just AcadDoc*... The location in which it resides can be affected, if either the source file's location is not included within the TrustedPaths, or the new security settings are not disabled.

The only location outside of TrustedPaths that code (i.e., .LSP., .FAS, .VLX, .DBX, .DLL, .ARX, etc.) can be loaded from is either of the ..\ApplicationPlugins\ folders via PackageContents.xml (.bundle), which is what prompted much of my criticism during Beta, and afterword at ADNDevBlog as previously shared here in another thread.

Also worthy of note, is that this (these new security settings) can also affect Scripts (.SCR) being loaded via startup switch.
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 08:53:13 AM »
Have you tied it huiz ? I assume any subsequent loads are affected by the security system, is that so ?

I have not checked yet if this is affected by the security settings. But because OP installs his software, which added paths to the support file paths, it is also possible to add the installation folder to the trusted paths. This is just a registry setting in the current profile.

And since ACADDOC.LSP just runs because of the name, I thought maybe that is better than force every user to appload the file.

:-)
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

Hangman

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 07:30:10 PM »

I have not checked yet if this is affected by the security settings. But because OP installs his software, which added paths to the support file paths, it is also possible to add the installation folder to the trusted paths. This is just a registry setting in the current profile.

And since ACADDOC.LSP just runs because of the name, I thought maybe that is better than force every user to appload the file.

Our admin locks our machines down so I can't add my AcadDoc.lsp file to a known path.  So I put it in the Contents briefcase under the APPLOAD.  It loads my settings with each session of CAD I'm running, but I'm using ACAD 2013 and I'm hoping this'll work for 2014 as well, but I have yet to try it.
Hangman  8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drafting Board, Mechanical Arm, KOH-I-NOOR 0.7mm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 07:57:53 PM »

Our admin locks our machines down so I can't add my AcadDoc.lsp file to a known path.  So I put it in the Contents briefcase under the APPLOAD.  It loads my settings with each session of CAD I'm running, but I'm using ACAD 2013 and I'm hoping this'll work for 2014 as well, but I have yet to try it.

These new security settings took effect in 2013 after a certain SP was released (not sure which, as I don't use 2013, but we are upgrading to 2014).

If what you're doing doesn't work, the simplest way to (potentially) side-step any, and all enterprise settings implemented by CAD management is to drop your own code, CUIx, etc. into a .bundle located in one of the three ..\ApplicationPlugins\ folders that you have write-access to, as these are implicitly considered as 'trusted'.

No more requirement to call your LISP file(s), etc. by specific names such as Acad.lsp, etc. when you can call yours george.lsp, and correctly define the parameters under which to load via PackageContents.xml, and you've mitigated the entire SFSP, and injected whatever you want directly into AutoCAD, no matter what forum you've copied the data from.

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Lupo76

• Bull Frog
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 07:37:12 AM »
Thank you all!
I solved it, as you suggested, renaming the file "load_nameapp.lsp" in "acaddoc.lsp."

In this way, AutoCAD asks the user consent, which gives its consent, and then automatically add the paths in "Trusted Locations".

Thank you!