Author Topic: Using Core Console  (Read 1476 times)

WILL HATCH

• Bull Frog
Using Core Console
« on: March 20, 2013, 04:46:01 PM »
Does anybody with experience using Core Console know if it saves a thumbnail preview with the drawing?  Reason being I tend to operate in side databases to avoid the overhead of loading drawings into the editor, but the drawback is they are saved without a thumbnail.  Trying to find a good way to mitigate that limitation.

Thanks

sybold

• Newt
Re: Using Core Console
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 02:43:53 AM »
just run the command UPDATETHUMBSNOW
and it will regen the previews.

i batch converted a large amount of old dwg's with this to 2010 format with updated preview.

WILL HATCH

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 11:20:08 AM »
Thanks but as mentioned the files are loaded into a side database to avoid the overhead of loading into the editor.  The UPDATETHUMBSNOW command would need to be executed in the document context, which is why I'm exploring the idea of using Core Console to do this work and still avoid the overhead of rendering the models.

For anybody interested I've done some experimenting with Core Console and it provides the functionality I'm after.  I will be migrating my functions that work on many files to this machine and keep you updated with my findings.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:01:07 PM by WILL HATCH »

Drafter X

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 04:32:06 PM »
If I get time (year right) I would like to experiment with the console too, the potential there seems very cool.
CadJockey Militia Commander

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 04:49:40 PM »
I sortof backed off it because on 5 different  computers every time it was launched it would make the mouse and keyboard lose focus and all windows refresh.

It processed much quicker and could run multiple processes at same the time, but made computer unusable because every couple seconds have to use mouse to set focus back.
http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=41948.msg471626#msg471626

WILL HATCH

• Bull Frog
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 06:03:24 PM »
damn

I did some minor trials so far and they were working well...