Author Topic: Render does not show referenced image - with a twist!  (Read 5455 times)

JNieman

• Water Moccasin
Render does not show referenced image - with a twist!
« on: March 14, 2013, 11:07:04 AM »
Screenshot attached.

I have an aerial photo, a 9.xx MB jpg referenced in via the reference manager, and placed at z=0 elevation, matched to my model's position.

When I render, it will show during all steps except for the final step.. then it turns into a grey plane.  I've screenshot it in process of this.  It shows the image all hunky-dory during the 'photon tracing' 'final gather' stages, but when it gets to the final render phase, it gives me this crap.

WHAT DO?

JNieman

• Water Moccasin
Re: Render does not show referenced image - with a twist!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 11:19:59 AM »
In the previous screenshot attached to the OP, I had Global Illumination on, Final Gather set to 'auto, Ray Tracing on with 7, 7, 7 settings, and Shadows on and set to 'simple'. 

--I've tried toggling off Ray Tracing, which = rendered as a grey plane from the get-go.

--I turned Ray Tracing back on to previous settings and toggled off Shadows entirely.  =  It begins to render the aerial image, and during 'Final Gather' but during the 'Render' phase, it goes back to grey.

--I turned Shadows back on to original settings, and toggled off Global Illumination.  =  Begins rendering the underlying image during 'Final Gather' ... and again during Render it goes to grey.

--With Global Illumination back on to previous settings, I turned off Final Gather, and it = starts rendering it as grey from the get-go.

o- An interesting thing is that during all of this, the blocks I have for surrounding miscellanious buildings show the texture reflected on their surfaces.

JNieman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 11:45:04 AM »
...I zoomed out, and it worked.  I also up'd the render output to the maximum size in this aspect ratio, 2500x1875.

I'm flummoxed as to how these two things are connected.  I'm assuming it wasn't the change in resolution, but I'll isolate that variable and see if anything changes.  There must be some kind of intangible 'clipping plane' on the rear end because the image actually does go on much further into the distance in both directions than is shown...  That 'corner' of the image in the upper-right is a false end.  Strange.

JNieman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 12:38:31 PM »
Oh, and FYI, I realized I was still in milimeters.  Scaling the entire model 1/1000 to make one unit = 1 meter helped tremendously.  Apparently the big numbers hurt Autocad's head.  Since doing that, I've eliminated problems, so far.