Author Topic: Cross hair disappearing?  (Read 4880 times)

matinau

Cross hair disappearing?
« on: March 14, 2013, 12:42:23 AM »
I have an application that creates viewports and applies an associated named view. Everthing works perfectly accept
the cross hair randomly disappears after viewport / setview creation? Any thoughts? It's got me stumped :-(

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Re: Cross hair disappearing?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 04:44:03 AM »
It happens sometimes in Civil3D too, after a selection or a dialog. Only thing that helps is switching to Model or Paper and back. Programmatically you could try things like:

Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.UpdateScreen()
Autodesk.AutoCAD.Internal.Utils.SetFocusToDwgView()
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

matinau

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 07:21:08 PM »
....ah, so simple!!!! On initial tests your fix seems to be working

Thanks so much Huiz

matinau

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 08:10:23 PM »
doh...the cross hair still disappeared? Thought you'd cracked it earlier

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 09:05:37 PM »
This would be a complete hack, but I had the same problem in just vanilla version and was not from any code, but here Jeff_M gave me a tip and it might have been from the control changing the cursor to arrow and back that made crosshair reappear.

To mess with a guy I worked with I wrote some code that changed the cursor to a penis.
If you want me to I will try to see if I can find it and will leave the penis part out.

WILL HATCH

• Bull Frog
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 12:29:35 AM »
To mess with a guy I worked with I wrote some code that changed the cursor to a penis.
If you want me to I will try to see if I can find it and will leave the penis part out.

you mind posting that?

I can think of someone who deserves it...

matinau

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 06:47:33 AM »
Thinking my problem could be a graphic card issue? Doesn't seem to happen on my colleagues pc?

:-o penis cursor!!! that could go viral, post away, definitely have some peeps in mind for that one

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 11:38:12 AM »
I got it somewhere and will dig it up.

WILL HATCH

• Bull Frog
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 12:39:57 PM »
I got it somewhere and will dig it up.
Can't wait...
:whistle:

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 01:53:55 PM »
It must be on my old laptop and will get in it this weekend and find it.

Until then this might help IFart
Need to update it to keep number clicks persistent between sessions but that would be easy.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 12:46:36 AM »
I can't find and I thought I it was function from COM/ActiveX API that let me set to cursor to a image file. Maybe it was a transient graphic that followed the cursor but worth redoing so unless anyone has better idea will throw something together this week or weekend.

WILL HATCH

• Bull Frog
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 12:51:25 AM »
that would be epic.  With April first around the corner I can see a good use for it.
 :lmao:
Thanks Jeff! 

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 10:08:28 AM »
Sorry for hijacking the thread, and now I think I see how I did it and was set system wide but set and removed in AutoCAD.

By the way it is hard to give a good explanation when a big project is in a rush to get out and someone walks up on you and your drawing a penis.
I am sure the old style out of date editor in Visual Studio for cursor files also gave added a extra level of creepiness to it.

WILL HATCH

• Bull Frog
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 10:40:05 AM »
I think I'll try to combine the random farts with the penis. The fart could trigger a toggle on the penis. Thanks for the inspiration jeff!