Author Topic: Do you have ideas for land development calculator  (Read 2385 times)

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
Do you have ideas for land development calculator
« on: March 09, 2013, 07:26:47 PM »
I'm building a simple application to have various calculations for land development / design.  I plan on including manning pipe calcs, earthwork cut/fill calc, vertical curves and roadway transitions. Anyone else have ideas that would be good for this?

Thanks! 

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Re: Do you have ideas for land development calculator
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 03:16:42 AM »
what does 'simple' mean?
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 07:31:07 AM »
Just basic algebraic equations.  I'm not a Lee Mac (aka math genius)...my major was in computer graphics lol.  Typically we calc vertical curves based on K value, easy to add.... earthwork will just be entering an area and cut/fill height to get a basic / quick estimated volume, the manning pipe calcs have been reinvented a million times on the net so I'm just duplicating the tools I like... and the transitions for roads are fairly straight forward in our area as well.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 07:35:19 AM by Alien »

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 08:29:53 AM »
You do not use Civil3D? If you try to program all those things you might better buy a Civil3D and use that.

At the moment I work on an application that does surface creation, volume calculating, sections of surfaces, profiles from 3D polylines, and so on. It is quite a lot of work, especially the math to calcultate intersecting triangles and the height difference. The application is meant for BricsCAD users and AutoCAD users that don't need a full Civil3D.

You can't create all these things in a few hours, you need weeks or months of develop time. There are also cheap or free earthwork programs you can use. Maybe that is an option?
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 09:14:12 AM »
gotcha.... we have civil 3d. I'm just creating quick tools to help design sites.

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 12:12:09 PM »
Well, explore the Civil3D API to see what functions you can use. There is a lot of potential in it. A lot of the math can be done with that.