Author Topic: Anyone willing to share advice for productive windows form  (Read 7833 times)

WILL HATCH

• Bull Frog
Re: Anyone willing to share advice for productive windows form
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 01:53:04 PM »
on that note, does anybody know a fast way to get a preview image without using autocad?  I did some looking into it but didn't find a solid quick solution.  I had to wait until the tooltip is opening to load the images into the tool tip without a noticeable lag when a directory was expanded as a work around.

Cheers

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=30985.0

Thank you! I knew I had seen something like that before.

Another function I'd like to add is something similar to the click-drag selection in windows explorer (similar to below), but I'm not sure how to do this as I'm using a custom treeview which inherits System.Windows.Controls.TreeView which doesn't offer any single click event to manage the drag.  I'm sure if I was a pro I'd know how to add new events to the class but I'm a little stumped here.

Cheers

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
Re: Anyone willing to share advice for productive windows form
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 03:11:42 PM »
SWEET SUCCESS!!!!
The real reason I started down this road was I have a bunch of programs that work on multiple drawings through the openfiledialog and wanted to make a better way to select them.  The goal was to start with greyscale icons and change them to color when selected, using the mousedoubleclick event to open was a quick way to ease the rage while I pounded my head against WPF... Learning how to get the preview image today (a suggestion from a coworker) was the basis of the fix.

That is awesome!  Such a smart, simple idea lol.