Author Topic: Getting first attribute value in a block  (Read 3985 times)

TheMaster

Re: Getting first attribute value in a block
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 01:43:14 AM »
With WinForms or WPF ?

Winforms. Actually it wasn't a listview but a datagrid. I've timed the operation from filtering blocks, extracting attributes and locations of 5250 entities, and in 489 milliseconds the data was placed in the datagrid.

The reason I asked is because WPF and the WinForms Datagrid are capable of consuming data from lazy datasources, which could mean that data is not retrieved from a datasource until the point where it actually is visible in the control. So, with WPF, you can load a massive datasource into a control, but it will only fetch the data that's initially visible (UI Virtualization is the term), and will fetch the remaining data when the user scrolls the list control.

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Re: Getting first attribute value in a block
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 04:21:53 AM »

The reason I asked is because WPF and the WinForms Datagrid are capable of consuming data from lazy datasources, which could mean that data is not retrieved from a datasource until the point where it actually is visible in the control. So, with WPF, you can load a massive datasource into a control, but it will only fetch the data that's initially visible (UI Virtualization is the term), and will fetch the remaining data when the user scrolls the list control.

Ah, good to know.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.