Author Topic: Reversing Bylayer Lisp...  (Read 8409 times)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Reversing Bylayer Lisp...
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2005, 03:55:09 PM »
yes, you want a copy?  I did it in LISP originally, but rewrote it when I was trying to learn VBA
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2005, 03:56:14 PM »
Here it is
Code: [Select]
Private Sub AcadDocument_BeginClose()
Dim objSelected As Object
Dim objSelSet As AcadSelectionSet
Dim N As Integer

On Error Resume Next

If ThisDrawing.SelectionSets.Count > 0 Then
    For N = 0 To ThisDrawing.SelectionSets.Count - 1
        If ThisDrawing.SelectionSets.Item(N).Name = "EBL" Then
        ThisDrawing.SelectionSets("EBL").Delete
        End If
    Next N
End If

Set objSelSet = ThisDrawing.SelectionSets.Add("EBL")
objSelSet.Select acSelectionSetAll

For Each objSelected In objSelSet
objSelected.color = acByLayer
objSelected.Linetype = "ByLayer"
objSelected.Lineweight = acLnWtByLayer
objSelected.Update
Next

ThisDrawing.SelectionSets.Item("EBL").Delete
ZoomExtents
ThisDrawing.Application.Update
Exit_Here:
Exit Sub
End Sub
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

t-bear

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2005, 04:03:47 PM »
Whatever our thoughts on the issue, I believe that MSTG007 feels the need for this.  His reasons are his own.  Because WE think it's against "standards", doesn't mean that he's not forced to do this due to HIS companies "standards"...... Two choices here ... if you feel that something like this should not be propigated on the forum but you want to help MSTG007,  you can send him the code via PM, e-mail, or put it in the lily for a week, then delete it.  Sound reasonable?

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2005, 04:03:57 PM »
I hear ya on the "See if I could do it" front, a man after me own heart.

Sorry 'bout the Ozzy confusion. LOL man, that guy doesn't have but 3 brain cells holding hands on a good day. :shock:

Crazy idea #1 ==> I invite you to share your real name, makes it friendlier when we all correspond. :)

Crazy idea#2 ==> Go here and tell us your story. :) x 2.

(Michael).
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2005, 04:10:02 PM »
Quote from: t-bear
MSTG007 feels the need for this.  His reasons are his own.

I wanted a copy to put away for that REALLY RARE instance when it might come up.  I thought about writing it, but didn't have the time.

dubb

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2005, 04:13:36 PM »
Quote from: t-bear
Whatever our thoughts on the issue, I believe that MSTG007 feels the need for this.  His reasons are his own.  Because WE think it's against "standards", doesn't mean that he's not forced to do this due to HIS companies "standards"...... Two choices here ... if you feel that something like this should not be propigated on the forum but you want to help MSTG007,  you can send him the code via PM, e-mail, or put it in the lily for a week, then delete it.  Sound reasonable?

well.....i didnt mean to not post this type of content (if you read my other post) it was one of the things i totally petpeeved...but somebody can make use of this type of bylayer thing...i would like to hear...i struggled with it...its nice to know how people handel these types of things....maybe next time i could make a better way to work in these types of situations.

t-bear

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2005, 04:33:34 PM »
Dubb...you beat me to the punch LOL.  I was in the middle of writing this waaaay back on page 1 and some a** of an engineer came in and actually wanted me to work!! Imagine the gall!  Anyhow, by the time I got back here and finished my thoughts, the post was redundant and outdated.  Apologies to all.....

dubb

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2005, 04:40:19 PM »
hahaa....its really slow today here at wynn engineering....and its my review today...wish me luck

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2005, 08:51:25 PM »
good luck... sorry its been so long...
Reason is like t-bear said... co. standards...

they get alot of other people surveys and dwgs... they want it all to be on one layer... lord knows why. I can only tell them the truth the way and the light of cad standards...

They are more in a position of speed than of breaking out layers onto other layers... etc.
Civil3D 2020

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2005, 08:51:56 PM »
lol is this a LSP file or VB?
Civil3D 2020

daron

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2005, 07:31:53 AM »
If you're referring to this post, it's vba.

cadbrowser

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2005, 01:45:20 PM »
Quote from: MP
I hear ya on the "See if I could do it" front, a man after me own heart.

Sorry 'bout the Ozzy confusion. LOL man, that guy doesn't have but 3 brain cells holding hands on a good day. :shock:

Crazy idea #1 ==> I invite you to share your real name, makes it friendlier when we all correspond. :)

Crazy idea#2 ==> Go here and tell us your story. :) x 2.

(Michael).

No problem MP, you are right about his brain cells...but think about this...I know people that has 3 billion brain cells and don't even come close to the musical genius of the Oz man.  Just think, if he can do all that with bearly 3 brain cells holding hands...well, he's better off than I... :)

My given name is Jeremiah, but I've been called worse (some I can't say in here :shock: )

As far as my "story", when I get more time I'll do that as well.

Quote from: MSTG007

lol is this a LSP file or VB?

If you want the lisp version, just email me and I'll send it to you.

jeremiah.daniels@kcpl.com  is the best one to use right now.
[/color]

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2005, 01:55:55 PM »
Genius? Ummm, call me paranoid, and it's just a shot in the dark but me thinks mr. crowley's been barkin' at the moon from a crazy train.

:twisted:

Welcome aboard Jeremiah, enjoy the digs, pull up a chair when ya can share a tale from your diary of a madman. 'Til then see you on the other side.

PS: Fairies wear boots.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst