Author Topic: Is there a quicker way to Save?  (Read 1340 times)

MexicanCustard

• Swamp Rat
Is there a quicker way to Save?
« on: January 21, 2013, 04:23:29 PM »
I've got an operation thats adding property sets to MEP objects then adding data to an SQL Table.  In order to keep the SQL database and drawing synced up I use the Document.Save() right after finishing the SQL database update.  Problem is AutoCAD does its normal lock up for 2 mins while these large drawings save.

I tried using Document.SendStringToExecute("_QSAVE", false, false, false) thinking the drawing would save on idle but the document doesn't seem to be saving after my plug in returns control to AutoCAD.

Anybody got a better way to guarantee a save without forcing the user to wait 2 mins after they've waited for my plug in to execute.
Revit 2019, AMEP 2019 64bit Win 10

TheMaster

Re: Is there a quicker way to Save?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 05:54:01 AM »
I've got an operation thats adding property sets to MEP objects then adding data to an SQL Table.  In order to keep the SQL database and drawing synced up I use the Document.Save() right after finishing the SQL database update.  Problem is AutoCAD does its normal lock up for 2 mins while these large drawings save.

I tried using Document.SendStringToExecute("_QSAVE", false, false, false) thinking the drawing would save on idle but the document doesn't seem to be saving after my plug in returns control to AutoCAD.

Anybody got a better way to guarantee a save without forcing the user to wait 2 mins after they've waited for my plug in to execute.

How long does a QSAVE take if entered at the command line for the same drawing that takes 2 minutes when you save it via Document.Save() ?