Author Topic: Autocad DBCONNECT  (Read 2583 times)

SIDESHOWBOB

Autocad DBCONNECT
« on: November 26, 2012, 12:14:13 PM »
So, DBCONNECT can be used to link external data with drawing objects.

When creating a Link Template you get to choose the key fields in the external database.

But how can you create a key field on the objects in Autocad against which to match that?  Do they all have to be linked manually?  If I import a drawing into another drawing, will dbconnect links be preserved?

diego65

• Newt
  • Learning LISP is a cool thing
Re: Autocad DBCONNECT
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 03:40:10 PM »
Hi,

I am looking for the same exact information, would you mind sending me a buzz if you find an answer?

Thank you...

Joselo...

SIDESHOWBOB

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 06:58:45 AM »
I haven't discovered an answer, though I have discovered this:-

In autocad map3d, you can auto-link external data to objects based on matching against label text, or on a field in block attributes.

It's a bit clunky and I haven't got it to do what I want but the functionality is there.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 09:05:40 AM »
tell me what you are actually trying to do, and I'll put a tutorial together for you to do so, with MAP.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

diego65

• Newt
  • Learning LISP is a cool thing
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 03:46:29 PM »
We want is to be able to get out title block populated via datalink to a pre-created spreadsheet, but going to every drawing and link the information to be updated to the spreadsheet’s cell is time consuming, the first time of course, so I ask for help to see an easy way to manipulate or automatic populated this process.
Would it be nice if there were a process to perhaps right click one of the data field on the base map and match the info on the spreadsheet.