Author Topic: IExtensionApplication.Terminate() called on fatal error  (Read 2389 times)

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
IExtensionApplication.Terminate() called on fatal error
« on: October 12, 2012, 05:29:36 AM »
Does IExtensionApplication.Terminate() get called on fatal errors?
Maybe your app or AutoCAD caused the error but does anyone have examples where it was not called?

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Re: IExtensionApplication.Terminate() called on fatal error
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 06:49:11 AM »
I'm not sure. Can't you create a fatal error (editing a line which is read only or something like that) and see what happens?

I always use a Try..Catch and log the error in a logfile in the Catch part. If something is wrong during initializing I get the error at least via the logfile, because AutoCAD kills the process silently in the Initialize part.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 07:05:19 AM »
I could, but was trying to get feedback from others if consistent.

TheMaster

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 01:27:04 PM »
Does IExtensionApplication.Terminate() get called on fatal errors?
Maybe your app or AutoCAD caused the error but does anyone have examples where it was not called?

I very much doubt that it is, although it could depend on how AutoCAD terminates. If there's a dialog that asks if you want to save the file (which rarely succeeds), it might, but with the more unceremonious forms of termination, it's very unlikely.