Author Topic: Can I get System.Windows.Forms.Form, or System.Windows.Window from Autodesk.Aut  (Read 3089 times)

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
Hi all.

The main AutoCAD window has type Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.Window. The Document.Window has this type too. Can I get System.Windows.Forms.Form, or System.Windows.Window from Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.Window?

Regards

MexicanCustard

• Swamp Rat
What would you need the "Form" for?

You can get a pointer/Handle to the main window with Autodesk.AutoCAD.Application.Window.Handle.
Revit 2019, AMEP 2019 64bit Win 10

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
It is more convenient for me - to work with managed code.

kaefer

It is more convenient for me - to work with managed code.

You could wrap the unmanaged bit with a framework feature, for example an interface to a window handle. I do not think it neither unsafe nor inconvenient.

Code - F#: [Select]
  1.             let owner = { new System.Windows.Forms.IWin32Window with
  2.                 member __.Handle =
  3.                     Autodesk.Windows.ComponentManager.ApplicationWindow }
  5.             let form = new System.Windows.Forms.Form()
  6.             form.Show owner
  7.             while form.Visible do
  8.                 System.Threading.Thread.Sleep 100
  9.             form.Close()

TheMaster

Hi all.

The main AutoCAD window has type Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.Window. The Document.Window has this type too. Can I get System.Windows.Forms.Form, or System.Windows.Window from Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.Window?

Regards

The sample answer is no, you can't put a Form or Window wrapper around a Win32 window. You can put a NativeWindow wrapper around a Win32 window, however, which is standard means of subclassing a Win32 window in .NET. See the NativeWindow class in the docs or search here for an example.

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
Thanks to all for answers.