Author Topic: Text justification.  (Read 42635 times)

pmvliet

Text justification.
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2005, 01:06:09 PM »
I draw all my linework, then go back and do text and dimensions. hatching would be last. This is for sections and details that are in modelspace.

part of my reason for doing this is **sometimes** drawings will be issued early and it is better to have 10 drawn details with no text then 1 fully drawn detail with text and notes...

A picture is worth a thousand words as my engineer's would say.

Pieter

TR

Text justification.
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2005, 11:56:53 PM »
Quote from: hyposmurf
Another question how do most of you work through a drawing?Do you carry out all your drawing work such as lines.plines,arcs,insetion of blocks etc and then add all the leaders/text towards the end of the drawing?Or do you add notes as you move through the drawing while adding lines plines?Trivial I know just interested.

I do Instrumentation and Control drawings so I am pretty much forced to add the identifier text as I design. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to differentiate one limit switch symbol from another. Once I'm done with a set of schematics I then print them out 11x17, get out a red marker and verify that all my line numbers, reference numbers, relay contact count, PLC addressing and terminal numbers are correct, then make the required changes.

Wyatt Earp

Text justification.
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2005, 03:25:57 PM »
Left Justified rules the Structural Set.
Middle Center for Titles of Tables etc.

Nothing to fancy. Just remember that most clients "see" the hard copy and not all the fancy stuff we use to create it...

hyposmurf

Text justification.
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2005, 05:55:53 PM »
Quote from: Tim Riley

I do Instrumentation and Control drawings so I am pretty much forced to add the identifier text as I design. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to differentiate one limit switch symbol from another. Once I'm done with a set of schematics I then print them out 11x17, get out a red marker and verify that all my line numbers, reference numbers, relay contact count, PLC addressing and terminal numbers are correct, then make the required changes.

Do they query the amount of plots you run off then,as it would be more than normal?I actually mark mine off with a highlighter as I go.Your method however would be the way to go,there is only so much you can check by eye on screen.

Eclipse

Re: Text justification.
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2016, 06:39:28 AM »
Quote from: Tim Riley

Do they query the amount of plots you run off then,as it would be more than normal?I actually mark mine off with a highlighter as I go.Your method however would be the way to go,there is only so much you can check by eye on screen.

Yes. However, I am more efficient at checking a paper plan than I am on the screen, I also 'see' more issues. The money saved in being more efficient, let alone the money saved in preventing screwups is a lot more than the 10 to 15c it costs to print a page.

I know this is an old thread although this point remains valid.