Author Topic: point en entity selection on 3d solid with entsel?  (Read 1577 times)

Amsterdammed

point en entity selection on 3d solid with entsel?
« on: September 21, 2012, 08:16:38 AM »
Helllo

i want to select a solid  (a pipe, it is in a block but that shouldn't matter) on a point on its perimeter and want to use the point as well. i tried the entsel, works but not very accurate on the point. I tried to something with(osnap  getpoint "Near" ) but that doesn't fly on the solid's perimeter.

I there a a way to make the entsel more accurate??

Thanks Bernd

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: point en entity selection on 3d solid with entsel?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 08:54:13 AM »
The point returned by entsel is the location of the crosshairs (i.e. center of the pickbox) when the user clicked for the selection and hence may not lie on the selected entity. If the entity is a curve object, the simple solution is to use the vlax-curve-getclosestpointto function to find the closest point on the curve object from the point returned by entsel.

However, in your case, since the selected object is not a curve object and you require an accurate point selection, I would recommend instead using the getpoint function to allow the user to specify a point, and then select the entity located at the selected point using the nentselp function.