Author Topic: nanoCAD 4.0 learns LISP  (Read 9983 times)

Ilya

nanoCAD 4.0 learns LISP
« on: September 13, 2012, 05:41:01 AM »
nanoCAD Eng 4.0 Beta1 is now available for registered developers. It can be downloaded in the nanoCAD Developers' Club.

In this version we introduce LISP support: you can now register LISP commands and create and modify entities with entmake/entmod, vla-*, and by starting nanoCAD commands.

We call our LISP support "beta" because several known issues are still outstanding:
  • Incomplete command compatibility, some commands are not sensitive to FILEDIA or CMDDIA settings and do not have the corresponding command-line "-" versions,
  • The "pause" clause is not supported in "command",
  • The evaluation of LISP expressions in the command line is not supported yet. To work with LISP in the interactive mode you can use the LISP console launched by LSP command.
Despite these limitations, some real-life LISP programs already work in this beta version. If your favorite LISP file does not, please let us know, this will help us to prioritize tasks in nanoCAD LISP support development.

Please note that this is just first beta of LISP in our platform and we are working hard on implementing the remaining features.

Update. LISP support was released to the public with nanoCAD 4.5, it is free and can be downloaded from www.nanocad.com.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 11:15:51 AM by ISL »

Atwist

Re: nanoCAD 4.0 learns LISP
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 12:59:56 AM »
It can be downloaded in the nanoCAD Developers' Club.

I can find the link  :pissed:

Tom

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 01:18:38 AM »
Build your own nanoCAD. Join the nanoCAD Developers' Club. <<<<< Hidden in plain sight use the link at the bottom

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 08:28:18 AM »
It would be nice if the registration for the Developer's club happens a bit quicker. I mean I've requested registration yesterday, but still have not received any confirmation. The user registration happened in mere seconds, but I'm guessing you would like to vet the "developers" who want to register?
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

Ilya

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 08:40:38 AM »
I see several recent registration attempts with unconfirmed emails but I cannot guess which one is yours. Please send me a personal message with your email or write to developer_support@nanocad.com. Have you checked your Junk/Spam folder?

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 08:46:24 AM »
More than 10 CAD software applications have been created in 3 years by nanoCAD developers.
WHOA!!!   :roll:
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

irneb

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 08:58:07 AM »
ISL, just figured out what went wrong. I think your web-site has a "loop-hole"  ;)

When I registered, I failed to enter a reason in the box provided. Acidentally clicked on the Apply button before doing so. But seeing as there was no error message about not providing a reason, I thought: "Oh well, perhaps none is needed". Though still did not receive any email confirmation, checked junk folders as well - nothing in there.

Anyhow, I tried again this morning. But it told me that I've already applied, thus can't do so again. Then after posting here, I tried another approach: Click the "forgot password" link, then got an email to reset the password. After doing so I could log-in, but it directly opened the Profile page with an error about the reason field not being entered. After entering this I just got the terms email, thanks.

So just a heads-up: The registration page needs to have some javascript (or other) to check if all required fields are entered, otherwise you might end up having several of these things happen.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

Ilya

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 09:32:09 AM »
Matt W, sorry for off topic (none of these applications are written in LISP), but try to translate with Google the following page: http://www.nanocad.ru/products/.

irneb, welcome to the club! Thank you for your story, we'll try to find and fix this bug in the registration process. In fact, we always send the confirmation email regardless of the data entered, but I cannot find yours, the history begins with "reset password".

cadplayer

• Bull Frog
  • Autocad Civil3d, OpenDCL.Runtime, LISP, .NET (C#)
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 03:58:49 AM »
I´m very impressed what you (russians programmers) have done. I was always looking for a cadprogram at home to can test my lisp routines. Now it´s possible and I´m very thankfully for your help. Absolut smart and going on my small equipped notebook.

Not easy was it to can get account and right serial number. I took a day to login and than I have installed nCad4 but serial from nCad3. Maybe my fel

Jeremy

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 12:23:01 PM »
I just sent an email to Nanocad support becase I have had the same problem of registering but not getting an email. It's been a couple of days for me.

I'm glad nanocad supports autolisp. My only concern is that several independent CAD programs support autolisp but none of them see fit to improve it rather than merely copy it. Could we please have the ability to write functions with multiple arguments instead of passing lists please?

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 01:03:49 PM »
Could we please have the ability to write functions with multiple arguments instead of passing lists please?

This is already possible  :?

Code: [Select]
(defun f ( a b c ) (* a (+ b c)))

(f 1 2 3)

Jeremy

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 05:40:41 PM »
Sorry, I meant a VARIABLE number of arguments.

irneb

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 03:00:37 PM »
I.e you want the &rest argument modifier. Yeah, that's something I've found that AutoLisp is inadequate as hell in. But that's just one minor point where ALisp is so cut-down as to be a truly inferior lisp. My biggest gripe is that ALisp does not have any form of object orientation - makes extending it a pain to say the least.

AFAICT the only way to get such working is to actually redo the entire engine. And that might cause old LSP files to fail. I've been trying for a while now - simply can't get it working in a backwards-compatible way.

Ilya

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 02:49:33 PM »
Not easy was it to can get account and right serial number. I took a day to login and than I have installed nCad4 but serial from nCad3. Maybe my fel

I cannot find a way to install nanoCAD 4 with a serial number from nanoCAD 3.5 and vice versa. nanoCAD 4 has serial numbers that start with "NC40E", nanoCAD 3.5 has serial numbers "NC35I". I re-checked specially both installers and RegWizards and failed to reproduce your problem.

I just sent an email to Nanocad support becase I have had the same problem of registering but not getting an email. It's been a couple of days for me.

Jeremy, have you received my email? It seems that not all mail servers agree to get emails from @nanocad.com last days.

I'm glad nanocad supports autolisp. My only concern is that several independent CAD programs support autolisp but none of them see fit to improve it rather than merely copy it.

From one side, many designers have their favorite LISP programs and want to be able to run them in nanoCAD. From another side, developers of nanoCAD-based vertical applications use NRX or .NET for their new products. From our point of view, as developers, we always want to improve our tools, but... we always have other priorities.

Jeremy

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 07:26:11 PM »
ISL, just checked my email and I still haven't got anything. I sent my email Sunday morning.

Ilya

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 05:06:26 PM »
Jeremy, have you received my another email sent from the different email address? I have confirmed your account manually, but you still need to get your password.

It seems that we went off topic, but the right place for such discussions, our forum, will obviously suffer from the same email problem. We hope to have the situation resolved within next couple of days.

Maybe it's better to use personal messaging for this?

Update. Welcome, Jeremy.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 01:57:49 AM by ISL »