Author Topic: (AutoCAD LT) DIMENSION TEXT HEIGHT OVERRIDE  (Read 6497 times)

jumpy

• Newt
(AutoCAD LT) DIMENSION TEXT HEIGHT OVERRIDE
« on: August 24, 2012, 04:50:01 AM »
Morning all,

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but I cannot seem to override the default height text in a dimension style.
We use two standard heights - 150mm and 300mm for text height etc and occasionally I need to make the text smaller without creating a whole new dimmstyle.
I seem to recall being able to change the text height through the properties box in previous versions of full autocad (I'm not a happy LT user for several reasons, but I'll not go into that here :) )

The properties lets me change the text height value, but this does not update in the model space - what am I missing? Setting up annotative dimms is the solution to this, long-term, but for a quick 'one off' the ability to alter the text height on the fly would be handy.

Any suggestions welcome.  :-)
Acad 2018 / LT2018

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: DIMENSION TEXT HEIGHT OVERRIDE
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 07:27:47 AM »
If I remember correctly, you would need to change the text height of the Text Style used by the Dimension Style, then use the Dimension Update (-dimstyle > apply) to update the Dimensions in the drawing.

Though there may be a better way to do it.  :-)

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 08:24:48 AM »

Not sure about LT, but
in Vanilla :
Select the text, select the Properties pallette, change the height for the selected dim text.
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 02:34:22 AM »
An override of the textsize of your dimstyle stettings can be done by changing the value of DIMTXT. Existing dimensionsions will not change, because they use the dimstyle.
If you want to change this textsize to the dimstyle you have to save the dimstyle again with it's existing name.
If you want to change only part of your drawing you can use: DIM1 UPDATE
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection