Author Topic: XLS to autocad to draw  (Read 2228 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
XLS to autocad to draw
« on: March 01, 2005, 01:43:19 PM »
Does anyone know how to get a xls with N,E,ELEV in different colums to draw the point in autocad?

I have a xls section corner....
Civil3D 2020

CarlB

XLS to autocad to draw
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 03:53:16 PM »
Sure-

In Excel, type a formula in a new colum to string together x,y,z values.  In Cell D1 that would be '=B1&","&A1&","&C1'. Copy the formula down for all points.  Should give you point data in proper format.

Then in AutoCAD type "multiple" "point", then copy the point data from column D, all in one shot, and paste into AutoCAD's command line.  Then terminate point command with an "esc".  You should now have all your points in the drawing.

HTH!

Scott

• Bull Frog
XLS to autocad to draw
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 10:07:05 PM »
I have a lisp to do this.  You just have to add a couple of columns to your excel file.  The first is the point number, then northing, easting, elevation and point code.  Save the file as a tab or comma delimitted text file and run the lisp inside autocad.  Shoot me an email if you would like a copy of it.  Take the spaces out of the email address.  I don't need anymore spam.

s m urrison@cox.net

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
XLS to autocad to draw
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 10:23:55 PM »
Ill give it a try tomorrow... I have a excel list with the N,E,ELEV of Section corners.. I want to get it to a dwg format... is there a way that it can take that info to a block?
Civil3D 2020

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
XLS to autocad to draw
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 03:52:30 AM »
howdy,

firstly, dowload rapiddxf2.0 which you can get on cadalog.com under the freeware section, if not let me know and i'll try to post the prog.

if you follow the programme it will explain how to turn the excel spread sheet into a cad drawing.  (you can export to dxf, which you can import into dwg.)

hth
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

Gliderider