Author Topic: how to relink images files on a different pc  (Read 4344 times)

RAIN CODE

how to relink images files on a different pc
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:14:20 AM »
Hi guys,

Do you know how to relink image files on a different computer ?

Lets say I have a drawing attached with 20 jpeg file images.
The jpeg files is in drive d:.

Then if I move the folder containing the jpeg files to drive c: ,
problem is this - the attached images in Autocad drawing don't show up anymore.

I have to use the command 'image' then click browse each file to point to new folder location for each file.
its really troublesome if I have 20 files and have to remember which image is which file.

Am I missing something or any short cut just by clicking one button and relink all files to that new folder location ?

thanks

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
Re: how to relink images files on a different pc
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 07:28:26 AM »
If you've got a windows version of ACad (I think 2004 or later), there should be a Reference Manager program under the Start-->All Programs-->AutoDesk-->AutoCAD menu.

This has the ability to search & replace path portions in numerous DWGs in one go. Works for images / xrefs / DWF / etc.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

RAIN CODE

Re: how to relink images files on a different pc
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 06:00:41 AM »
If you've got a windows version of ACad (I think 2004 or later), there should be a Reference Manager program under the Start-->All Programs-->AutoDesk-->AutoCAD menu.

This has the ability to search & replace path portions in numerous DWGs in one go. Works for images / xrefs / DWF / etc.

Yes, I am using windows version autocad v2002. But I tried the pacman game and also Terry Miller's Troy game on v2008. the screen turned white and when objects move, it creates a tunnel, much like the classic arcade  game dig-dug. Maybe the grread compatibility problem with v2008.

Well, you all know better than me and I leave it to you (whoever interest in the game) to solve the relink image problem. I will post the game once I added the global game speed.