Author Topic: Automatic NCOPY  (Read 1868 times)

bfred805

Automatic NCOPY
« on: February 06, 2015, 11:53:49 AM »
Could someone provide me with the foundation of code that would allow me to detect and automatically copy a layer found in a background file. For example, I have a survey file XREF with drawn topography linework and I would like to automatically copy all of the TOPO on layer "L-SITE-TOPO" into my live drawing. I would like this command to work for any specified layer in any specified XREF. A dialog box could pop up asking to select a file and layer from the reference file that the user wishes to copy over.

Thanks in advance for any tips, ideas, and code provided. I do not intend to sell or distribute any code shared with this thread. Full credit will, of course, be given to the author as  it is for personal use my office since we are unable to afford a full time CAD Manager with all of the inefficiency we experience as a result :).

-B

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: Automatic NCOPY
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 12:13:25 PM »
Not a coded solution, but you could open the xref ( XOPEN ) then filter all objects on the layer you want then copy with basepoint CTRL+SHIFT+V then paste into your target drawing.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
Re: Automatic NCOPY
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 01:06:11 AM »
Look here for an old code that might still work on the newer versions.

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=24251.msg293032#msg293032
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.