Author Topic: AutoLISP Documentation Updates - Windows and Mac  (Read 3780 times)

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
AutoLISP Documentation Updates - Windows and Mac
« on: October 29, 2013, 06:24:11 PM »
Do not know if you AutoLisp guys/gals make it to ADN DevBlog much, and have not looked at link but if interested
AutoLISP Documentation Updates - Windows and Mac

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: AutoLISP Documentation Updates - Windows and Mac
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 06:43:31 PM »
Thanks Jeff  :-)

Lee was kind enough to share news of the updates on Twitter, and I must say, the enhancements certainly improve the navigability of the documentation tremendously.

Lee

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 09:02:55 PM »
Noticed that on DevBlog .. thought it wouldn't take long to percolate through

Yeah, it looks reasonable.

AutoDesk just need inducement to give us an editor for the 21'st century and I'd be a happy camper.
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 09:41:11 PM »
Taking a quick look that's just the documentation for Mac??

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 08:41:02 AM »

Although the main heading states: 'AUTODESK AUTOCAD 2014 FOR MAC', I believe the documentation actually contains information pertaining to both Windows & Mac, given the various section headings:

'Programmable Dialog Boxes - DCL (Windows only)'
'Visual LISP Extensions for AutoLISP (Windows only)'

HYPERPICS

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 12:03:01 PM »

While the documentation went out as part of the Mac release, most recent shipping product, it was designed to cover both platforms (Windows and Mac) instead of having two distinctly different documentation sets.  It is a different approach than what we have done in the past.  Each topic (concept or reference) denotes which platform it is related to.

I am curious as to any opinions or comments anyone might have on this approach, and anything else you feel might be missing from the AutoLISP documentation.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 12:22:11 PM »
I am curious as to any opinions or comments anyone might have on anything else you feel might be missing from the AutoLISP documentation.

Maybe I have overlooked it, but I didn't see an ActiveX Property & Method Reference?

I currently still use the old acadauto.chm compiled help file, and this online reference from entercad.ru, but it would be nice to have an online reference provided & certified by Autodesk.

HYPERPICS

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 12:53:22 PM »
I am curious as to any opinions or comments anyone might have on anything else you feel might be missing from the AutoLISP documentation.

Maybe I have overlooked it, but I didn't see an ActiveX Property & Method Reference?

I currently still use the old acadauto.chm compiled help file, and this online reference from entercad.ru, but it would be nice to have an online reference provided & certified by Autodesk.

At this time, the ActiveX Property and Method Reference is currently only available as a locally installed CHM file as the content was originally written to be used with VBA.  I will note this as something to look into for a future enhancement.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 01:03:31 PM »

At this time, the ActiveX Property and Method Reference is currently only available as a locally installed CHM file as the content was originally written to be used with VBA.  I will note this as something to look into for a future enhancement.

Thank you Lee  :-)

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 10:04:08 PM »

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDMAC/2014/ENU/files/GUID-4CEE5072-8817-4920-8A2D-7060F5E16547.htm
Extending AutoLISP with ActiveX (Windows only)  Overview
  AutoCAD Object Model
 Accessing the AutoCAD Application Object
 Using ActiveX with AutoLISP
 Example: Intercept Error Returned by an ActiveX Method
  ActiveX Related Data Types   Safearrays
 Variants
 VLA-objects
 Converting Between AutoLISP and ActiveX Data Types
  Working with Object Methods and Properties   Calling an ActiveX Method
 Invoking an Object's Method
 Obtaining and Setting an Object's Property
 Accessing the Current Document Object
 Listing an Object's Properties and Methods
  Working with Reactors   Creating Reactors
 Attaching Reactors to Drawings
 Using Object Reactors
 Reactor Guidelines
  Accessing Other Applications   Using ActiveX to Interact with Other Applications
 Using ActiveX without Importing a Type Library
 Releasing Objects and Freeing Memory

Oops, I see the final links aren't there. AutoCAD Object Model
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 10:08:42 PM by CAB »
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 11:26:23 PM »

While the documentation went out as part of the Mac release, most recent shipping product, it was designed to cover both platforms (Windows and Mac) instead of having two distinctly different documentation sets.  It is a different approach than what we have done in the past.  Each topic (concept or reference) denotes which platform it is related to.

I am curious as to any opinions or comments anyone might have on this approach, and anything else you feel might be missing from the AutoLISP documentation.
You guys got to bring back or add Table of Contents.

HYPERPICS

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 03:42:21 PM »

You guys got to bring back or add Table of Contents.

The documentation update does include a partial/flat table of contents compared to what was made available with the previous online version.

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDMAC/2014/ENU/files/GUID-265AADB3-FB89-4D34-AA9D-6ADF70FF7D4B.htm