Author Topic: Revit Ceiling height will not blank out  (Read 7032 times)

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
Re: Revit Ceiling height will not blank out
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 02:02:47 PM »
Okay I understand the room voluming part by using the limits thing.  And I knew it had to be turned on.  We will eventually do the calcs but for know I will leave that off.

What I think the person did was that they created this ceiling parameter for Room Finish Schedule to indicate where a particular ceiling finish like Acoustical Ceiling Tile is in height

Now here is another question for the real world application.   With something porous as a Ceiling grid, is that the limit of the room for  the voluming calcs or does voluming calcs has to consider the space above the Ceiling Grid? 

So that
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:56:40 PM by Krushert »
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here for camaraderie

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 03:58:24 PM »
But that still does not help me clear my project parameter so it will correctly show in Finish Schedule.

This afternoon has gotten crazy, sorry for the terse response.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here for camaraderie

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 04:11:29 PM »
But that still does not help me clear my project parameter so it will correctly show in Finish Schedule.

This afternoon has gotten crazy, sorry for the terse response.
When you place a ROOM object, the CEILING HEIGHT parameter is blank by default.  As soon as you enter a value, all bets are off.  There's no going back to a NULL value.  It expects a dimension.  You could set it to 0'-0" and have a note about 0-height ceilings or, as a last resort, delete the room objects and replace them.  Of course, by doing this, you also lose any information that you previously entered.  I.E. room name, number, finish types, upper/lower limits, etc...
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io