Author Topic: Point block with stretchable label  (Read 4181 times)

T-Square

Point block with stretchable label
« on: June 22, 2012, 06:53:14 PM »
Greetings,

I have about 8,000 points with labels to add to hundreds of drawings. I'm pretty certain this can be done and I have been looking in my collection of blocks for this, but with no luck so far.

I have attached the drawing example. Nothing dynamic about this yet. Basically there is a point symbol(not an autocad "point") with a pline to an attached ellipse with the point #. What I am trying to do is get the pline between each part stay in the center of the circle and the center of the ellipse but have it cut at the edge of each and allow it to be stretched. Wipeouts for both would be nice, but not required. Wipeouts may be the key to the keeping the pline between the two center points but that can be more hassle than it's worth with getting the wipeouts in the back and such. I am using AC2008...unfortunately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim
AC2008
Windoze XP Pro

Crank

• Water Moccasin
Re: Point block with stretchable label
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 02:15:36 PM »
I would use a dynamic block for this (example attached).
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

T-Square

Re: Point block with stretchable label
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 04:43:38 PM »
Crank,

Thanks for the help. Using a wipeout was my first thought. Being that I am using 2008, currently, I was thinking of avoiding the wipeouts. I think I remember you have to use a "non-plotting" color from the ctb file in order to not get the solids where the wipeouts are. Can't remember at this point. I'll check it out.

I am pretty certain you could do the polar stretching around the circle and not have to use the wipeout because you could rotate the pline around the outer part of the circle. The ellipse, that is another question.

Thanks again. I shall delve into this later. :-)

Back to the lines and circles.

Tim