Author Topic: AcCoreConsole bugs (in AutoCAD 2013)  (Read 10128 times)

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
AcCoreConsole bugs (in AutoCAD 2013)
« on: June 06, 2012, 03:50:48 AM »
Hi all. Sorry for my bad English.

Data:
Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate Russian;
AutoCAD 2013 English x64;
MS Visual Studio 2010 SP1 Premium English;

Problem:
All well remember, how on presentation was presented the appendix accoreconsole.exe and told about its possibilities and conveniences. However the presentation passed and everyday life began...

If you want to use accoreconsole.exe, but your native language not English (for example - Russian) - then you can't to use it program. If you write code, which must print localized messages to drawing console, then it messages not displayed in accoreconsole.exe. And other chars, which placed after yor localized chars not displayed to. In the localized operating systems some catalogs have the localized names (for example "My documents"), and files created by users too often have the localized names, thus to work with accoreconsole.exe is impossible.

The similar problem in other place was received by programmers who write a code on LISP: If in your DCL files there are localized messages, they turn into an unreadable set of senseless symbols.

Examples:

1. If I write next code:
Code: [Select]
dwg.Editor.WriteMessage("Hello World!");
Then in accoreconsole.exe console I get it (valid result):
Hello World!

2. If I write next code:
dwg.Editor.WriteMessage("Видишь суслика? А он всё же есть!");
Then in accoreconsole.exe console I get it (empty (invalid) result):

3. If I write next code:
dwg.Editor.SendStringToExecute("\n(printf \"I am from Россия\")", true, false, true);
Then in accoreconsole.exe console I get it (invalid result):
Command: (printf "I am from

4. If I create next lsp file in vlide editor (AutoCAD 2013):
(print "Hello World!")
(print "Привет Мир!")
When I load it file, then in accoreconsole.exe console I get it (invalid result):
Command: (load "c:/test/tmp.lsp")

"Hello World

Command:

Additional mistakes are found:

if in the console to run command:
(princ (vlax-get-acad-object))that return ilnil value

If to press the "Up Arrow" or "Down Arrow" key, there is no moving on commands. Instead unclear symbols (so many time, the key how many was pressed) are inserted into the console.

One more problem: AcCoreConsole.exe isn't able to work with ekranirovanny symbols which are present at files of scripts (SCR files).

Additional:
If to run accoreconsole.exe for AutoCAD 2013 x64 Russian, in the console in general it is displayed nothing and it doesn't work. If in this console to run the LISP program which doesn't deduce on the console of the Russian text, the program works successfully. If to add a code which will deduce the Russian text on the console - the program is carried out to that place where there is a Russian text and stops the work. If you manually gather any (!!!) symbols in accoreconsole.exe (Russian version), these symbols aren't displayed (any symbols, even English). But if the same Russian symbols to gather in other accoreconsole.exe (English version), symbols in the console are displayed.
Total:
The testing team of  Autodesk company disgustingly performs the work or in general it doesn't do. This mistake is easily found if to start the application in a test mode at least once(!!!). Testing of a product needs to pay attention not to be dishonored by such children's mistakes which are present at the final version of a product.

If the company works at the international market, she should pay necessary attention to questions of localization and carry out the corresponding tests before putting a product on the market.

P.S.
The reference to this message was sent to Autodesk developers.

Regards.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:34:10 AM by Andrey »

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
Re: AutoCAD 2013 bugs
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 10:18:04 AM »
Wasn't there a mention by AutoDesk folks that the core console is not officially implemented for the 2013 release, hence the lack of documentation?  Somewhat like the custom system variables were around in the ~2010/2010 release?
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
Re: AutoCAD 2013 bugs
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 11:46:27 AM »
Wasn't there a mention by AutoDesk folks that the core console is not officially implemented for the 2013 release, hence the lack of documentation?  Somewhat like the custom system variables were around in the ~2010/2010 release?
At the beginning of this year, in Moscow, at the closed conference of developers of ADN the AutoCAD 2013 and its possibilities was presented. On presentation the part of attention was given to the new tool - accoreconsole.exe which becomes available to developers since this AutoCAD version. Kean Walmsley as shares this news here, in his blog. Anywhere there is no information that the tool can't be used. On the contrary - it show to developers in order that they could use of.

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
Re: AcCoreConsole bugs (in AutoCAD 2013)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 04:43:14 AM »
Additional info:

At first I created the new virtual VMware machine and established on it the Windows 7 x64 SP1 Ultimate Rus operating system. Then established all available updatings from the Internet. I was install AutoCAD 2013 x64 Enu after that and MS Visual Studio 2012 RC.

I found out at once that if when saving the drawing to try to appoint to it other location - there are 100 % of Fatal Error.
If I only to close AutoCAD 2013, then mistakes don't arise.

Then I established Russian AutoCAD 2013 (added localization). Became even worse...
After that when closing any AutoCAD 2013 (English or Russian) there are 100 % of Fatal Error (look my video).

If I to start command:
accoreconsole.exe /i "C:\Temp\Lights.dwg" /s "C:\Temp\Russian.scr" /l ru-RU
then on the console it is not deduced anything (empty messages in command line), but the command works successfully.

On video I show problems, and as how it incorrectly works for the NETLOAD command. Please, look my video on this subject is attentive: http://youtu.be/_rY37CoZGlw
Download my video since I in some weeks will remove it.

I tried all this by the one physical machine and on two virtual machines - everywhere I receive identical problems(!!!). By all three machines I have Windows 7 x64 SP1 Ultimate Rus and AutoCAD 2013 x64 Enu. With AutoCAD 2013 x64 it is impossible to work at all three machines, since we receive a large count of Fatal Errors.

My video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rY37CoZGlw
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:52:14 AM by Andrey »

owenwengerd

• Bull Frog
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 12:25:46 PM »
Have you contacted Autodesk or your reseller to ask for assistance?

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 12:42:08 PM »
Have you contacted Autodesk or your reseller to ask for assistance?
Yes. I reported about all found mistakes in ADN (request number 07324404).

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 02:13:19 PM »
Andrey the video is a little long to watch the whole thing but I clicked glancing quickly and skipping minutes at a time but were you referencing acmgd.dll. I do not think it will work if you netload a dll that reference's acmgd.dll, I have never referenced it for accoreconsole so not sure it will make it fail.

Just reference
Acdbmgd.dll
AcCoremgd.dll

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 02:25:56 PM »
Seems like I had a problem with default buffer size. Depending on how long file paths were and had to increase the buffer size.

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 02:26:21 PM »
I do not think it will work if you netload a dll that reference's acmgd.dll,
But my code works and I showed it on video.
I have never referenced it for accoreconsole
I added this reference on a habit.

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 02:29:02 PM »
Seems like I had a problem with default buffer size. Depending on how long file paths were and had to increase the buffer size.
In what the problems specified by you are shown (code sample, please)?

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 02:38:17 PM »
Sorry Andrey I mis-understood the questions

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 02:51:37 PM »
Sorry Andrey I mis-understood the questions
Sorry, my English is bad. I asked: how you get these problems:
?

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 05:54:53 PM »
I meant the original questions with Netload problem, etc...

Sorry