Author Topic: AutoCAD ACA/MEP the bastard child of Autodesk  (Read 2918 times)

MexicanCustard

• Swamp Rat
AutoCAD ACA/MEP the bastard child of Autodesk
« on: May 30, 2012, 04:16:12 PM »
Just a quick gripe about AutoCAD ACA/MEP since many of the developers are seeing their way over to the swamp these days.  I think I'm accurate in saying that the AutoCAD ACA/MEP API is the worst documented API of all the Autodesk APIs.  Basically the only thing worse than the Object Browser dump we get as help files would be no documentation at all.  So knowing this,  why has not one article been posted about ACA/MEP on the new AutoCAD Dev blog or AEC Dev Blog?

BTW, one of my best sources for ACA/MEP help was AU online but all the ACA/MEP classes were pre 2010 and have been removed from the list of online classes.  Do a search for MEP .NET and you'll get zero results.

Thank goodness for The Swamp or non-ADN members would have no where to get information.  Ok, I feel better now.
Revit 2019, AMEP 2019 64bit Win 10

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
Re: AutoCAD ACA/MEP the bastard child of Autodesk
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 04:47:55 PM »
I did a little but said the hell with it if the were going to send 2010 documention that was nothing  but the method declaration then it was just too much trouble.
I think the reason you do not see anything is nobody wants to deal with it.

Keith Brown

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 09:31:20 AM »
I did save a couple of the AU classes on MEP and ACA to my hard drive.  I would be more than happy to try and dig them out and send them to you if you need them MexicanCustard. 
Keith Brown | AutoCAD MEP Blog | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 / Revit MEP 2014 / EastCoast CAD/CAM addon / Visual Studio 2013

MexicanCustard

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 02:32:11 PM »
Thanks Keith,  I have some as well.  Is there a place where we could post what we have and reference them here?  Would AU have a fit if we did?
Revit 2019, AMEP 2019 64bit Win 10

Keith Brown

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 02:36:51 PM »
I don't know if Autodesk would have any issues with it, but I don't mind putting them in my google documents and then setting it to public.
Keith Brown | AutoCAD MEP Blog | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 / Revit MEP 2014 / EastCoast CAD/CAM addon / Visual Studio 2013