Author Topic: ScriptPro 2.0  (Read 3137 times)

CROMEI

ScriptPro 2.0
« on: May 24, 2012, 01:53:56 PM »

I am attempting to install and run Autodesk's ScriptPro 2.0.
After downloading it I attempted to extract the bin folder to my 2012 Autodesk Application Plugin folder on my C drive.  I received this error:
<Extracting to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\"
Use Path: yes   Overlay Files: no
Unable to process "bin\DrawingListUC.dll".
Severe Error:  Not permitted or able to create an output directory.>
I am the only user and I have administrator priviledges on my Windows 7 Pro platform.
I have .NET through release 4.0 installed.
Any ideas on how to get out of the starting blocks with this program?

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: ScriptPro 2.0
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 02:38:45 PM »
Welcome to TheSwamp!

Did you make sure to 'Unblock' the ZIP file first?

If not, delete what you've extracted. Right Click the ZIP file, select Properties, then toward the bottom, select Unblock. Hit OK. Now try your extraction again.

HTH
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

CROMEI

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 04:32:03 PM »
Thanks RenderMan for trying.  I deleted my download, re-downloaded it, unblocked it as you suggested, clicked ok, sadly still denied.  I tried advanced settings under security in properties where it told me under Current Owner: "Unable to display current owner."  I tried to change owner to: Administrator and received a Window security pop-up stating, "The system cannot find the file specified."  Any other thoughts?  Thanks for all you have done.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 04:47:01 PM »
Rather than attempting to extract to a specific directory (which may or may not exists?), instead try extracting to your current location, using the 'Extract to folder' option in the right click menu.

The default folder should be the current folder path that windows explorer dialog is in, plus the name of the ZIP file.

CROMEI

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 09:59:38 AM »
OUTSTANDING!!  Thanks, I was trying to unzip in the ApplicationPlugins folder in Autocad.  When I moved the zip to the desktop and made sure it was still unblocked everything worked as advertised.  Now I just have to acquire some skills in script writing ... Thanks again and all the best.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 10:11:41 AM »
Happy to help.  :-) :beer: