Author Topic: Print2CAD™ 2013 OCR Converter?  (Read 1859 times)

craigr

Print2CAD™ 2013 OCR Converter?
« on: November 01, 2012, 08:43:45 AM »
I recently got bit by trying to scale a .pdf to determine the amount of equipment needed. - It cost us money by having to supply more equipment than I estimated.

I HATE having to 'guess' at dimensions of a building because all I got was a bitmap or .pdf!

Anyway, I stumbled across a software called 'Print2CAD™ 2013 OCR Converter' that supposedly takes a Raster image and converts it to a Vector image in various formats including .dwg.
http://www.backtocad.com/engl-pdf-dwg.php

I know that this won't SOLVE my scaling issue, but it may help some. Plus, it would make my end product look better on our Customer's Workstation(s).

I know that throughout the years, there have been similar products that gave poor to very poor results. Have any of you had any experience with this one?

I see that there is a trial version, but don't want to go thru the process if several of you have tried it and give it a poor report card.

craigr

craigr

Re: Print2CAD™ 2013 OCR Converter?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 10:38:41 AM »
Well, I chose not to wait for responses and took the time to download the trial version and install it.

I ran the program on some files that appear to be CAD that was printed to a .pdf & the software did a good job as I expected. BUT, then I ran the software on a .pdf that was HORRIBLY pixelated. It was a scanned floor plan from a bldg that is approx. 50 years old. A coworker and I looked at the result and we are both pretty impressed as to how good of a job the software did. It by far blows away any of the software that I tried a couple of years ago.

We are going to go ahead and purchase the the software.

AND, it just occured to me, that you may think this is a set-up.

I assure / promise you that I have NOTHING to do with this software. I simply saw as an add in my regular email newsletter from Cadalyst.

IF after running the software for a while, I do run across somethng that I don't care for, I will surely post it as well.

craigr

trogg

• Bull Frog
Re: Print2CAD™ 2013 OCR Converter?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 08:43:52 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on this software. I will check it out
~Greg